[SOLVED] Driver manager can't find the device driver for the WIFI networking adapter

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
w7fzy
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Driver manager can't find the device driver for the WIFI networking adapter

Post by w7fzy »

[img][img][img][/img][/img][/img] Sat. 10/15/2016

JeremyB wrote:Try this

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove bcmwl-kernel-source broadcom-sta-common broadcom-sta-dkms
Reboot, then ethernet should work then

sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer
And after another reboot wifi should work

When you say Try This: , Are you referring to typing in terminal mode?

I'm the newest of noobs as I ran Linux Mint from a USB thumb drive two nights ago, Installed it on Virtual machine by Oracle last night and found out how to dual boot my new Acer Aspire this evening.

I don't have an ethernet port on this newest of new computers. It's got USB 2 and 3 as well as an HDMI port and place for thin memory card (not mini). The driver manager can't find the device driver for the WIFI networking adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter on the USB drive that I used to boot and install from.

Tried googling and came up with a bunch of commands to type in, but not sure where that text/commands would go?

A link to a tutorial what be appreciated or something that is REALLY easy to follow step-by-step. Tnx. :|
Dave
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Enabled wifi, lost all networking!

Post by jimallyn »

w7fzy wrote:When you say Try This: , Are you referring to typing in terminal mode?
Yes, that's what he's referring to. But, don't type those commands in terminal mode, because you don't have the same wifi hardware as the original poster, so those commands aren't likely to work for you. When you have the appropriate commands to enter in terminal, you can open a terminal by clicking on the icon on the left side of the panel, or it should be in the Menu somewhere. Where exactly depends upon which particular version of Mint you are using. Is it Mint 17 or 18? What is the desktop environment? XFCE? MATE? Cinnamon? KDE? if you don't know, then click on that Terminal icon and enter inxi -Fxz and press enter. Then copy and paste the output from that command in your next post here. That tells us which version of Mint you are using, what hardware your computer has in it, which drivers are in use, and a bunch of other useful information. I am not an expert on configuring wifi, but I have seen JeremyB solve wifi problems for a bunch of people on the forums, so stick around and hopefully JeremyB or somebody else familiar with wifi drivers will be able to help you.

You probably shouldn't be entering commands you find on the internet anywhere but here on the Mint forums. Some commands are dependent upon which version of Linux you have, or which hardware you have, or other factors like that. So, until you learn a bit more about Linux, you should probably stick to advice you get here on the Mint forums.

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Mint forums. You will find people here are generally quite willing to help out newcomers.

73 de N7JA
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

w7fzy wrote:
JeremyB wrote:Try this

sudo apt-get remove bcmwl-kernel-source broadcom-sta-common broadcom-sta-dkms
Reboot, then ethernet should work then

sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer
And after another reboot wifi should work

When you say Try This: , Are you referring to typing in terminal mode?

I'm the newest of noobs as I ran Linux Mint from a USB thumb drive two nights ago, Installed it on Virtual machine by Oracle last night and found out how to dual boot my new Acer Aspire this evening.

I don't have an ethernet port on this newest of new computers. It's got USB 2 and 3 as well as an HDMI port and place for thin memory card (not mini). The driver manager can't find the device driver for the WIFI networking adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter on the USB drive that I used to boot and install from.

Tried googling and came up with a bunch of commands to type in, but not sure where that text/commands would go?

A link to a tutorial what be appreciated or something that is REALLY easy to follow step-by-step. Tnx. :|
Dave
The Atheros QCA series cards usually just need firmware that was added after the LM18 release. In terminal

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install --reinstall linux-firmware
Reboot when it finishes

But without internet access in LM download http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/m ... .4_all.deb
Find a way to get it to the LM desktop and you should be able to install it by double clicking on the file as that should open gdebi package installer. Then reboot
w7fzy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by w7fzy »

jimallyn wrote:
w7fzy wrote: Is it Mint 17 or 18?

What is the desktop environment? XFCE? MATE? Cinnamon? KDE? if you don't know, then click on that Terminal icon and enter inxi -Fxz and press enter. Then copy and paste the output from that command in your next post here. That tells us which version of Mint you are using, what hardware your computer has in it, which drivers are in use, and a bunch of other useful information.

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Mint forums. You will find people here are generally quite willing to help out newcomers.

73 de N7JA
Answers.
mint 18
Output to inxi-Fxz: Dual Core i5-6200 ( -HT-MCP- ) ... kernal~4.4.0-21-generic x86 ... Procs~211 client ~shell inxi~ 2.2.35

When I followed Jeremy' s directions below the wireless control in the task bar changed slightly now showing the ability to turn wifi on/off which wasnt there previously. However, putting linux-firmware-1.157.4_all.deb and d/clicking gave an error message:
Package: linux firmware

Standing by.....
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Hmmm, I am getting that same message: Error: no longer provides linux-firmware. Not sure what is going on with that package, but I am doing a little research into it.

When somebody asks you for the output of a command, you should give them the entire output of the command, rather than partial information. For example, we now know that you are using Mint 18, but we still don't know which desktop environment you are using. Here's the output from inxi -Fxz on my (Mint 17) computer:

$ inxi -Fxz
System:    Host: jim-P55A-UD3P Kernel: 3.13.0-91-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 4.8.4)
           Desktop: Cinnamon 2.8.8 (Gtk 3.10.8~8+qiana) Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa
Machine:   Mobo: Gigabyte model: P55A-UD3P Bios: Award v: F5 date: 11/20/2009
CPU:       Quad core Intel Core i7 K 875 (-HT-MCP-) cache: 8192 KB
           flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx) bmips: 23447
           clock speeds: max: 2926 MHz 1: 1197 MHz 2: 2926 MHz 3: 2926 MHz 4: 1197 MHz 5: 1197 MHz 6: 2926 MHz
           7: 2926 MHz 8: 2793 MHz
Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA G94 [GeForce 9600 GT] bus-ID: 01:00.0
           Display Server: X.Org 1.15.1 drivers: nvidia (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau)
           Resolution: 1440x900@75.0hz
           GLX Renderer: GeForce 9600 GT/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96 Direct Rendering: Yes
Audio:     Card VIA ICE1712 [Envy24] PCI Multi-Channel I/O Controller
           driver: snd_ice1712 ports: de00 dd00 dc00 db00 bus-ID: 06:03.0
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k3.13.0-91-generic
Network:   Card-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
           driver: r8169 v: 2.3LK-NAPI port: ae00 bus-ID: 03:00.0
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>
           Card-2: Intel 82557/8/9/0/1 Ethernet Pro 100 driver: e100 v: 3.5.24-k2-NAPI port: df00 bus-ID: 06:02.0
           IF: eth1 state: down mac: <filter>
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 2160.4GB (42.6% used) ID-1: /dev/sda model: TOSHIBA_DT01ACA2 size: 2000.4GB
           ID-2: /dev/sdb model: ST3160023A size: 160.0GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 1.6T used: 855G (59%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda1
           ID-2: swap-1 size: 4.19GB used: 0.86GB (20%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda2
RAID:      No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 48.0C mobo: N/A gpu: 0.0:58C
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info:      Processes: 269 Uptime: 30 days Memory: 9222.7/12012.4MB Init: Upstart runlevel: 2 Gcc sys: 4.8.4
           Client: Shell (bash 4.3.111) inxi: 2.2.28 
-F tells inxi to give the full output. x tells it to give extra information, and z tells it not to reveal any information that could be risky to reveal. From the inxi man page:
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
In order to maintain basic privacy and security, inxi filters out automatically on IRC things like your network card mac address, WAN and LAN IP, your /home username directory in partitions, and a few other things.

Because inxi is often used on forums for support, you can also trigger this filtering with the -z option (-Fz, for example). To override the IRC filter, you can use the -Z option. This can be useful to debug network connection issues online in a private chat, for example.
You may be asking "man page?" Most every command in Linux has a man (manual) page. Some of them are quite clear and thorough, but there are also some that suck. So it goes.

I'm going to go do some research to see if I can figure out what happened to the linux-firmware. In the meantime, just hang out until I come back or JeremyB comes back. (I have a suspicion that further progress will have to come from JeremyB or somebody else who is more knowledgeable on this stuff than me.)
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
w7fzy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by w7fzy »

jimallyn wrote:Hmmm, I am getting that same message: Error: no longer provides linux-firmware. Not sure what is going on with that package, but I am doing a little research into it.

When somebody asks you for the output of a command, you should give them the entire output of the command, rather than partial information. For example, we now know that you are using Mint 18, but we still don't know which desktop environment you are using. Here's the output from inxi -Fxz on my (Mint 17) computer:
I didn't delete much.

Since I don't have wifi at the moment, cut/paste isnt really cut/paste, but rather type type type on a tablet (not the Linux/Windows machine). It's not the easiest thing to do. Therefore, I guessed at what you wanted.

I'm assuming if I log out of Linux and into Win10, the clipboard won't take the trip with me.

tnx
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

w7fzy wrote:Since I don't have wifi at the moment, cut/paste isnt really cut/paste, but rather type type type on a tablet (not the Linux/Windows machine). It's not the easiest thing to do. Therefore, I guessed at what you wanted.
I'm assuming if I log out of Linux and into Win10, the clipboard won't take the trip with me.
No, the clipboard won't make the trip with you. But, am I correct that you are dual booting that machine with Windows? If so, you could save the output to a text file on the Windows partition then boot into Windows and post it from there. Linux can access Windows filesystems just fine, but Windows, unless you install special drivers, won't access Linux filesystems. And that's the way most of us want it. That way, if Windows gets messed up with a virus, the virus can't get into the Linux stuff and mess that up, too. We don't worry about it the other way around, because it is exceedingly rare to get a virus on Linux. I won't say that it can't happen, but I will say that in the 14 years I have been using Linux, none of my Linux computers have ever been infected with a virus or other malware, nor have the computers of any other Linux user I know.

Oh, I should mention that when you dual boot with Windows, it is best to shut Windows down completely and not hibernate it, or use fast boot, or anything like that. Doing so leaves the Windows partition in a condition that means Linux can't access it.

I couldn't find any solution to the firmware problem, but I assume will probably drop in with more information sooner or later.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

Strange that it allowed you to download but gives you that doesn't supply firmware error. I would try

cd Desktop
sudo dpkg -i linux-firmware_1.157.4_all.deb
And see if it works.
w7fzy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by w7fzy »

JeremyB wrote:Strange that it allowed you to download but gives you that doesn't supply firmware error. I would try

cd Desktop
sudo dpkg -i linux-firmware_1.157.4_all.deb
And see if it works.
nope.

Here's the readout, now that I've been given the procedure for saving to Windows...
dave@Gimli ~ $ cd Desktop
dave@Gimli ~/Desktop $ sudo dpkg -i linux firmware_1.157.4_all.deb
[sudo] password for dave:
dpkg: error processing archive linux (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive firmware_1.157.4_all.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
linux
firmware_1.157.4_all.deb
dave@Gimli ~/Desktop $

Is there another place to get a Linux driver for an Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter?
w7fzy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by w7fzy »

jimallyn wrote:Hmmm, I am getting that same message: Error: no longer provides linux-firmware. Not sure what is going on with that package, but I am doing a little research into it.

$ inxi -Fxz...[deleted]

-F tells inxi to give the full output.  x tells it to give extra information, and z tells it not to reveal any information that could be risky to reveal.  From the inxi man page:

[quote]PRIVACY AND SECURITY
In order to maintain basic privacy and security, inxi filters out automatically on IRC things like your network card mac address, WAN and LAN IP, your /home  username directory in partitions, and a few other things.

Because  inxi  is often used on forums for support, you can also trigger this filtering with the -z option (-Fz, for example). To override the IRC filter, you can use the -Z option. This can be useful to debug network connection issues online in a private chat, for example.[/quote]

You may be asking "man page?"  Most every command in Linux has a man (manual) page.  Some of them are quite clear and thorough, but there are also some that suck.  So it goes.

I'm going to go do some research to see if I can figure out what happened to the linux-firmware.  In the meantime, just hang out until I come back or JeremyB comes back.  (I have a suspicion that further progress will have to come from JeremyB or somebody else who is more knowledgeable on this stuff than me.)[/quote]

Thanks for the way to save text to Windows after using dual boot to that OS.

Here's the info requested...

dave@Gimli ~ $ inxi -Fxz
System:    Host: Gimli Kernel: 4.4.0-21-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 5.3.1)
           Desktop: Cinnamon 3.0.6 (Gtk 3.18.9-1ubuntu3)
           Distro: Linux Mint 18 Sarah
Machine:   System: Acer (portable) product: Aspire R5-471T v: V1.09
           Mobo: Acer model: Luffy v: V1.09
           Bios: Acer v: V1.09 date: 03/30/2016
CPU:       Dual core Intel Core i5-6200U (-HT-MCP-) cache: 3072 KB
           flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx) bmips: 9599
           clock speeds: max: 2800 MHz 1: 403 MHz 2: 472 MHz 3: 488 MHz
           4: 2078 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel Sky Lake Integrated Graphics bus-ID: 00:02.0
           Display Server: X.Org 1.18.3 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
           Resolution: 1920x1080@60.02hz
           GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 520 (Skylake GT2)
           GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 11.2.0 Direct Rendering: Yes
Audio:     Card Intel Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio
           driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:1f.3
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.4.0-21-generic
Network:   Card-1: Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
           driver: ath10k_pci bus-ID: 01:00.0
           IF: wlp1s0 state: down mac: <filter>
           Card-2: NetGear usb-ID: 001-002
           IF: null-if-id state: N/A speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: N/A
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 256.1GB (2.5% used)
           ID-1: /dev/sda model: LITEON_CV1 size: 256.1GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 23G used: 4.9G (23%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda6
           ID-2: /home size: 34G used: 98M (1%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda7
           ID-3: swap-1 size: 1.02GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda5
RAID:      No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 31.0C mobo: N/A
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info:      Processes: 190 Uptime: 8 min Memory: 419.8/7865.5MB
           Init: systemd runlevel: 5 Gcc sys: 5.3.1
           Client: Shell (bash 4.3.421) inxi: 2.2.35 
dave@Gimli ~ $
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

You have a driver for the card that is part of the kernel. Post the results for

rfkill list all
I actually thought you were missing firmware but the results of your last post indicate something else is wrong
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Driver manager can't find the device driver for the WIFI networking adapter

Post by Moem »

[This topic was split off from viewtopic.php?f=90&t=230537 because it's a different problem. Carry on.]

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
w7fzy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by w7fzy »

JeremyB wrote:You have a driver for the card that is part of the kernel. Post the results for

rfkill list all
I actually thought you were missing firmware but the results of your last post indicate something else is wrong

As a user of the RF (radio frequencies), running a command with rf and kill side by side makes one pause.

But in the interest of science...

dave@Gimli ~ $ rfkill list all
0: hci0: Bluetooth
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: no
1: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
2: acer-bluetooth: Bluetooth
3: phy0: Wireless LAN
dave@Gimli ~ $

Thanks for your time and effort.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

Lets try

sudo iwconfig wlp1s0 up
w7fzy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by w7fzy »

JeremyB wrote:Lets try

sudo iwconfig wlp1s0 up
Didn’t know if the 0 was a capital O or zero so tried it both ways. First with zero, the O. Linux didnt like the up portion.

RESULTS:

dave@Gimli ~ $ sudo iwconfig wlpls0 up
iwconfig: unknown command "up"
dave@Gimli ~ $ sudo iwconfigO up
sudo: iwconfigO: command not found
dave@Gimli ~ $ sudo iwconfig wlplsO up
iwconfig: unknown command "up"
dave@Gimli ~ $

I have a netgear wireless USB adapter available and it doesn’t work either. However, I’m surmising that there are less plug/play items in LinuxMint than I’m used to in other OS’s.

This is probably not relevant, but when I used LinuxMint on the Oracle VirtualBox VM, the wifi worked. I’d imagine because it was running on Win10 as a program.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

On a VM most PCI cards cannot be controlled by the guest OS
I got that command wrong

sudo ifconfig wlp1s0 up
Too many Netgear USB devices to keep track of and without seeing the id from

lsusb
I can't know whether it works well or not in Linux
w7fzy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by w7fzy »

JeremyB wrote:On a VM most PCI cards cannot be controlled by the guest OS
I got that command wrong

sudo ifconfig wlp1s0 up
Too many Netgear USB devices to keep track of and without seeing the id from

lsusb
I can't know whether it works well or not in Linux
Two commands tried in order of those given above.

dave@Gimli ~ $ sudo ifconfig wlp1s0 up
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable
dave@Gimli ~ $

I thought maybe I'd have to restart after this message (resource temp unavailable). Did, but no change.

Plugged in the netgear USB N600 Dual Band Wireless N Adapter Model: WNDA3100 and used lsusb as suggested...

dave@Gimli ~ $ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0bda:0129 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTS5129 Card Reader Controller
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0bda:57cc Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 04f3:222a Elan Microelectronics Corp.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04ca:3016 Lite-On Technology Corp.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0846:9014 NetGear, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
dave@Gimli ~ $

dave
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

w7fzy wrote:As a user of the RF (radio frequencies), running a command with rf and kill side by side makes one pause.
That one made me pause the first time I saw it, too!
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

Can you post the results for

lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
and

dmesg | grep ath
I haven't found anyone with good results with that Netgear adapter as the only thing that did work was ndiswrapper with Win XP drivers and that hasn't appeared to work recently
w7fzy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by w7fzy »

JeremyB wrote:Can you post the results for

lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
and

dmesg | grep ath
I haven't found anyone with good results with that Netgear adapter as the only thing that did work was ndiswrapper with Win XP drivers and that hasn't appeared to work recently
Surprisingly enough, it works well on an 8 year old desktop on which I did a clean install of XP and immediate upgrade to Win7. Of course, after buying the netgear USB, i found the pcmi card w/ antenna that was originally installed in it. I had removed it since I was using and ethernet connection to the router on the same table. I didn't think I'd use the USB adapter for long. Not worth it since there's already a wifi card in this laptop.

Here are the results....
dave@Gimli ~ $ lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
01:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [168c:003e] (rev 32)
Subsystem: Lite-On Communications Inc QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [11ad:0807]
Kernel driver in use: ath10k_pci
Kernel modules: ath10k_pci

dave@Gimli ~ $

Looking at these results (below) I'm wondering if I should do that root to swap or home to swap trick i've read about. Redownload Mint 18 in whatever drive it sits (root?) ?

dave@Gimli ~ $ dmesg |grep ath
[ 3.931072] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: pci irq msi-x interrupts 8 irq_mode 0 reset_mode 0
[ 4.172914] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: Direct firmware load for ath10k/cal-pci-0000:01:00.0.bin failed with error -2
[ 4.173125] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: Direct firmware load for ath10k/QCA6174/hw3.0/firmware-5.bin failed with error -2
[ 4.173129] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not fetch firmware file 'ath10k/QCA6174/hw3.0/firmware-5.bin': -2
[ 4.237531] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: Direct firmware load for ath10k/QCA6174/hw3.0/board-2.bin failed with error -2
[ 6.365258] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: qca6174 hw3.2 (0x05030000, 0x00340aff sub 11ad:0807) fw WLAN.RM.2.0-00180-QCARMSWPZ-1 fwapi 4 bdapi 1 htt-ver 3.26 wmi-op 4 htt-op 3 cal otp max-sta 32 raw 0 hwcrypto 1 features wowlan,ignore-otp,no-4addr-pad
[ 6.365264] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: debug 0 debugfs 1 tracing 1 dfs 0 testmode 0
[ 6.431897] ath: EEPROM regdomain: 0x6c
[ 6.431903] ath: EEPROM indicates we should expect a direct regpair map
[ 6.431905] ath: Country alpha2 being used: 00
[ 6.431906] ath: Regpair used: 0x6c
[ 6.440963] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0 wlp1s0: renamed from wlan0
[ 11.706831] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to enable dynamic BW: -11
[ 17.706828] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not suspend target (-11)
[ 23.027021] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to enable dynamic BW: -11
[ 29.027358] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not suspend target (-11)
[ 34.335531] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to enable dynamic BW: -11
[ 40.335571] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not suspend target (-11)
[ 56.256201] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to enable dynamic BW: -11
[ 62.256205] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not suspend target (-11)
[ 67.564620] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to set tx-chainmask: -11, req 0x3
[ 70.564688] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to set arp ac override parameter: -11
[ 76.564717] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not suspend target (-11)
[ 91.261331] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to enable dynamic BW: -11
[ 97.261519] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not suspend target (-11)
[ 102.569610] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to enable dynamic BW: -11
[ 108.569828] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not suspend target (-11)
[ 124.258320] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to enable dynamic BW: -11
[ 130.258346] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not suspend target (-11)
[ 135.574684] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to enable dynamic BW: -11
[ 141.574834] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not suspend target (-11)
[ 157.263222] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to enable dynamic BW: -11
[ 163.263525] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not suspend target (-11)
[ 168.575661] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to enable dynamic BW: -11
[ 174.575737] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not suspend target (-11)
[ 190.268141] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to enable dynamic BW: -11
[ 196.268526] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not suspend target (-11)
[ 201.580658] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: failed to enable dynamic BW: -11
[ 207.580876] ath10k_pci 0000:01:00.0: could not suspend target (-11)
dave@Gimli ~ $

Thank for your continued help.
dave

Return to “Beginner Questions”