Problems installing ies4linux on LM6

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lazerbeat

Problems installing ies4linux on LM6

Post by lazerbeat »

I am trying to install ies4linux and have followed the instructions on this page

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/pag ... ion:Ubuntu

I skipped the wine installation because I already have it installed but I get the following error

Code: Select all

david@trina ~/ies4linux-2.99.0.1 $ ./ies4linux
IEs4Linux 2 is developed to be used with recent Wine versions (0.9.x). It seems that you are using an old version. It's recommended that you update your wine to the latest version (Go to: winehq.com).

Gtk:ERROR:/build/buildd/gtk+2.0-2.14.4/gtk/gtktextlayout.c:2316:IA__gtk_text_layout_get_line_display: code should not be reached
ui/pygtk/python-gtk.sh: line 6:   444 Aborted                 python "$IES4LINUX"/ui/pygtk/ies4linux-gtk.py
I would love some help with this if anyone has any ideas? By the way, I am not married to the idea of using IE I normally use opera or firefox but i need it for testing website compatibility cross browser. Thanks alot!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Problems installing ies4linux on LM6

Post by Husse »

I found this link
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/ies4linux
As it seems that there is some compiling done you need to have build essential installed (Software portal/manager)
Oops I did not see that you used Felicia - might not work....

Post by Guest »

Don't install IE 7.
Under Advanced, make sure to UN-check IE7.
Worked for me.
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

Virtualbox FTW!
XP & IE7 -or- Win7 & IE8

Return to “Software & Applications”