[SOLVED] LAMP, subdirectories

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Fuzzy
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] LAMP, subdirectories

Post by Fuzzy »

I occasionally (and very poorly) create some php sites to use for my own purposes. After making one of my computers a LAMP, I remember being worried about security at completion of one of my projects, and locked a few things down. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the changes I made, and now I can't figure out how to get things working again. (Don't worry - I don't think it is as bad as it sounds.)

Here's the gist of my problem: /var/www/index.html or whatever.php work fine. However, subdirectories within /var/www/ do not response to http request - including the Apache2 test page at /var/www/html/index.html - even when file permissions look correct.

Any guesses?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: LAMP, subdirectories

Post by deepakdeshp »

This should allow access to subdirectories.
http://askubuntu.com/questions/325498/a ... -directory
/etc/apach2 will have the apache config file where you have to make the changes mentioned above.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
Fuzzy
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LAMP, subdirectories

Post by Fuzzy »

Argh! Okay, the problem ended up being 100% user ignorance.

I evidently hadn't disabled anything. I simply forgot that the default configuration of the installation for Apache2 is the html folder, so that I didn't need to include "/html/<filename>" in the path, or /html/foldername/ etc. Yeah, just leaving "/html/" off and entering the remainder of the path works just fine.

Sorry about that. Thanks for the help - your reply actually helped me figure out my issue.

Fuzzy

Return to “LMDE Archive”