Roll back last update...

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
thom_A
Level 4
Level 4

Roll back last update...

Post by thom_A »

Is this possible? I have not had any issue using Mint. I mostly use Xfce, and KDE occasionally. And I have no doubt I'll get the same issue-less experience if I use Mate or Cinnamon. I just happen to prefer Xfce at the moment. And if you ask me, I don't need the updates, but I religiously run them, anyways.

How can I roll back the last Firefox update, specifically? I just feel it added the ability to inject ads in the site I mostly visit, which is a sports site. Is this possible?
deepakdeshp
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Roll back last update...

Post by deepakdeshp »

You can add addblocker extension to Firefox.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

I am using Mint 20 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A8/7410 / 8GB
Mint 20 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U
Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Cosmo. »

Reverting to an older version means to install security holes by will. Definitely not a way to go.

You might consider to switch to the ESR version of Firefox.
thom_A
Level 4
Level 4

Post by thom_A »

Cosmo. wrote:Reverting to an older version means to install security holes by will. Definitely not a way to go.

You might consider to switch to the ESR version of Firefox.
Nice to see another option to install Firefox, but luckily I didn't have to because the problem disappeared after about 2 reboots, which wasn't even intended to fix anything. Normally, I would just boot in another Linux partition that wasn't affected (which is KDE) and think about installing another fresh install of Xfce, which takes about 30 minutes. I'll probably just wait for the release of 18.1 for fresh installations.

If anybody is wondering what I've been talking about, try to visit a busy site like the NBA forums and see if the ads are there. And I found that the way to make them disappear is to go to Preferences >> Privacy >> History >> Use custom settings for history, then pick "Always use private browsing mode."

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”