Return of the minty green forum style!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
CrazyElf

Re: Return of the minty green forum style!

Post by CrazyElf »

Very nice.

It can be difficult to read if you have something like a 3440x1440 monitor (or LG's new 3840x1600 monitor), but on a 16:9 display, it's quite readable.

Perhaps it is worth putting a list of user styles in the top post for people with different aspect ratios.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

CrazyElf wrote:Perhaps it is worth putting a list of user styles in the top post for people with different aspect ratios.
If you build it, they will come. In other words, feel free to start a topic on user styles to tweak the forum layout.
gwheadon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gwheadon »

Cool the forum looks great
rc_racer
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rc_racer »

Much more Minty. I like it
linux123
Level 5
Level 5

Post by linux123 »

It seems that they have heard me: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=233126
I love it!!
otacon14112

Post by otacon14112 »

Thank you very much!!! I LOVE this minty green style! You are all awesome! :D
MoreLinux
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MoreLinux »

Al all is fine again! The green returned, home sweet home!!

Good job!
SallyK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by SallyK »

Yay! The forum looks like itself again - it never really felt like home the other way.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Great to see the green again!
Using Mint as primary OS since 2006.
NChewie

Post by NChewie »

Great to see the green back again- very relaxing (I used to code with Green on black background).

Also great that you have offered the option to stay as it was (blue/silver) rather than forcing change on those that do not want it. That is one of the aspects of Mint that makes it stand out from the competition.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

I like it.
sadhu
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Return of the minty green forum style! <Suggestion>

Post by sadhu »

I have set my browser to forbid web sites from using their own fonts. I do this because a common web design style is to reduce text contrast. Thus many pages are too difficult for my poor 72-year-old eyes to make out.

However, this makes the

Code: Select all

blocks appear in serif font.  Green, but too small and hard to decypher as code. 

Could your developers please set the font in the code blocks to 'monospace' instead of Deja Vu Mono or whatever it is?  And let the user decide which font to use.

Thanks,
-Sadhu
sabbe sattā bhavantu sukhitattā. LM 21.2-64 Cinn 5.8.4
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

sadhu wrote:Could your developers please set the font in the code blocks to 'monospace' instead of Deja Vu Mono or whatever it is? And let the user decide which font to use.
I'm not going to change the font in the style. Below is the CSS bit for the font in the code block.You can use that information to override it with a user style using the stylish browser extension and set your own font for it. There's an example of setting a user style in viewtopic.php?f=60&t=234488&start=120.

.codebox code { font: 0.9em Monaco, "Andale Mono","Courier New", Courier, mono; }

I'm gathering feedback on forum styles that work well for people with bad or impaired vision: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=234487
sadhu
Level 5
Level 5

Post by sadhu »

Thanks, Xenopeek. And thanks for all your good work and good advice throughout. I'll try the extension. Also, there's an extension that allows turning on and off web page fonts, but I wasn't using it properly.

I checked out the Minty Style blog page. The current black-on-pale green works fine and has plenty of contrast (for me). My problem was just the Monaco/Andale font.

Thanx again
-Sadhu

PS: I am more concerned with content than style. Green, blue, or mauve -- as long as I can read it (and it works) -- I really don't care.
sabbe sattā bhavantu sukhitattā. LM 21.2-64 Cinn 5.8.4
skivelitis
Level 1
Level 1

Post by skivelitis »

Love the minty green style.
2 :Lenovo i3 2120(HT)@3.3GHz with 4GB RAM , nVidia GTX 950 2GB Mint 18.3 Xfce 64bit
pcfan5
Level 5
Level 5

Post by pcfan5 »

Cool! I love this new mint color! it is perfect!. Would you please add, on avatar section, a different pre-set category , right now we only have available "flags".

Thanks ;)
MadmanRB
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MadmanRB »

Very happy to see it back, the white was not minty enough :D
BG405
Level 8
Level 8

Post by BG405 »

I meant to reply to this thread ages ago but would like to add my thanks. It's a great improvement over the bright ProSilver theme, much easier on the eyes. The Minty theme disappeared around the time I joined this Forum, glad to have it back. 8)
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
Schyken

Post by Schyken »

I'm late to the party, but I just want to say thanks! Minty Green sure does look feel great over the blue-silver. I just got my Forum Client API running so it's a bit more polished for me as well. Much love, thanks!
mwbworld

Post by mwbworld »

After the adjustment (I wasn't even a member back when the Minty Green roamed the forums!), I'm liking it. especially since it gives the forums a nicely distinct, and appropriate, appearance!

Return to “Releases & Announcements”