>,< I have trouble burning the ISO Bianca.

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I answered you at the end of another thread, but the question was put slightly different there.
Do you have a XP ISO??? Never heard of such an animal :)
It simply does not exist (legally) as far as I know. XP comes on a bootable cd and possbibly you've copied that cd.
I just have to ask you if your computer boots from any CD? Have you tested?
At what speed did you burn?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lolo Uila »

I also had a little trouble with the Bianca ISO. In my case the the image burn would not finalize when burned in "Track At Once" mode (I would get an error message at the end of the burn about a the disc not finalizing). Burning in "Disk At Once" mode solved it for me (I also found that finalizing the Track At Once CD after the burn yielded a useable disk).

Note that I downloaded and burned over a dozen Linux ditro ISO images and Bianca was the only one I had this problem with.

Try burning the CD again in Disk-At-Once mode and burn at lower speed.

And there is a very legitimate reason for having a Windows ISO. If your original Windows CD is an older one and you want to update it with the latest service pack(s) you can "Slipstream" the service packs into a copy of your original disk and burn a new copy. I have ISO images of XP Pro with SP2 and 2000 Pro with SP4 for this reason.

Aloha, Tim
Husse

Post by Husse »

Hi Lolo Uila

I have slipstreamed Windows XP CD's as well, but that is not the same as an ISO. I would have to make an ISO from the slipstreamed CD, which is possible to do but tricky and has a high failure ratio. An ISO is a single file (as you know)
My nero warned me that I had to close the disc (I think that's what it said) because there was a lot of MB to burn.
Has to do with the capacity of the CD compared to the amount of data to be burned.
alan2273
Level 2
Level 2

Post by alan2273 »

Try this free program, I have used it and it and have never had a failure.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/f ... l?tk=nl_lg

Return to “Other topics”