Additional Calendar option in Linux Mint Cinnamon and Mate

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
jeanpaulberes

Additional Calendar option in Linux Mint Cinnamon and Mate

Post by jeanpaulberes »

Nice feature for Linux Mint Cinnamon or Mate edition would be, like i've seen in DEbian 8.6 Gnome and some other distros, that inside the calendar (without adding another app), a note/appointment can be added on a date AND that the calendar could be synchronized with mail systems like Thunderbird, Evolution and/or Gmail.

Kind regards,
JP
Last edited by xenopeek on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved here as this is an idea, not promotion; though as per the forum rules nothing will be done with suggestions for developers here
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Additional Calendar option in Linux Mint Cinnamon and Mate

Post by xenopeek »

That would be an idea for the Cinnamon calendar applet. There may be another calendar applet that does what you want. If you can't find another calendar applet that does what you want you can post it as a feature request to the developers, though please look through the other calendar related issues and rule out somebody else already having submitted something related: https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/i ... 20calendar
jeanpaulberes

Post by jeanpaulberes »

Hi xenopeek,
There are other calendar apps yes, like gnome calendar ... but it is an extra app to get and install and my point was that this would be implemented as standard inside linux mint series as an extra (an addition), like already available within Debian 8.6 Gnome.
I did install it ..
Workspace 1_002.jpg
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I mean a Cinnamon applet.
jeanpaulberes

Post by jeanpaulberes »

I did try the cinnamon applets, but none was working and integrating well with Evolution ;-)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”