Konqueror Options

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rec9140

Konqueror Options

Post by rec9140 »

Is there some buried option for Konqeuror 3.5.8 or 3.5.9 to do the following:

1) When you enter a URL on the address line it automatically opens in a new tab

2) When you enter a search in the google search box it automatically opens in a new tab

Under winslop my browser allowed for this, and its really annoying to have to manually open a new tab to do this.

NOTE: Thanks, but I am only interested in options to achieve this in Konqi, I am not a ff user, and not interested in ff, even if it can do this.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rec9140

Re: Konqueror Options

Post by rec9140 »

ronnoc wrote:Konq->Settings->Configure Konqueror->Web Behavior Tab-> Click on advanced options and see if there is a way to do it from there. I am assuming the behavior you want is not possible, based on http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=108867544923269&w=2. Although the post is from .
Yeah, thats the first thing I have to do on a new install or the live DVD is turn off the really annoying beahaviour of opening tabs in the background. :evil: :twisted: I don't know why you would do that, as it is annoying beyond belief. I am clicking on links and stuff and nothing opens, and then I notice I've go 1000 tabs becasuse of that.

Theres nothing in there to do it. :x

As for feature requests, I've already learned thats a waste of time, as unless your going to code it for them, they don't take the request seriously. I don't do that kind of programming and even if I did I don't have the time for it now. This is a problem with linux in general that hampers adoption.

Return to “Software & Applications”