x64 installation problem

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dms05

x64 installation problem

Post by dms05 »

In the past I've run Mint 32 bit from within Vista with the excellent installation mint4win program. I recently uninstalled tke 32 bit version completely.

Today I downloaded the x64 version of Mint and ran it as a LiveCD (on a Core2 Duo with 4GB RAM). When I was happy all was well I again used the mint4win procedure and all went exactly as it had for the 32 bit version. However on rebooting at the end of the process the boot only allows me into Vista and doesn't offer me the previous boot alternative screen. The x64 Mint file shows up from within Vista, I just can't access it.

Any ideas? Could the problem be the previous install of the 32 bit Mint (I also tried Ubuntu using wibu).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: x64 installation problem

Post by merlwiz79 »

1st go to Programs in the Control panel and run the uninstaller for Linux Mint.
Then try to reinstall it with mint4win.(making sure to select the x64 edition)

Return to “Beginner Questions”