Cannot boot from usb [SOLVED]

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
butiflauta
Level 3
Level 3

Cannot boot from usb [SOLVED]

Post by butiflauta »

Hi friends,

I'm updating my laptop to the last OS and I would like to install W10 and LM18.1 Mate. W10 it's done but when I try to boot LM from usb boot windows again. I check if bios is correct the update order USB-DVD...etc and first is USB. I have another option when boot the laptop with F12 to choose the first boot but it's not working.

The Usb it's done with easy usb installer and the laptop have a phoenix bios. I disabled the fast boot in W10 too. I don't know what to do more...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintyO

Re: Cannot boot from usb

Post by MintyO »

Fast startup in windows, fast and secure boot in bios, thats the usual "just for good measure" actions. Then try another program to make the usb, Rufus gets thumbs up from lots of folks. You can also try a dvd, which you can make with win built in tools... If that doesn't do the trick, then the "proper" problem solving begins. 8)

Return to “Installation & Boot”