Startup-manager problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Borsook

Startup-manager problem

Post by Borsook »

I've just did a install of Mint 6 and installed all the recommended updates. But it appears that one of them breaks Startup- manager. Since I've installed 200+ of them it is hard to say which one was it... but maybe anyone knows?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
garda

Re: Startup-manager problem

Post by garda »

Try to look at startup manager's dependency list in Synaptic. That might give you some clue. This one-liner gives you a list of packages that startup manager depends on:

Code: Select all

apt-cache show startupmanager | grep -i depends
curt_grymala

Post by curt_grymala »

What exactly do you mean when you say that startup-manager is broken?

I've found, in my installation at least, that startup manager never loads when I select it from Menu -> Administration -> StartUp-Manager. However, it works just fine when I go to Menu -> Control Center and then select StartUp Manager.
Borsook

Post by Borsook »

curt_grymala wrote:What exactly do you mean when you say that startup-manager is broken?

I've found, in my installation at least, that startup manager never loads when I select it from Menu -> Administration -> StartUp-Manager. However, it works just fine when I go to Menu -> Control Center and then select StartUp Manager.
I mean that I've installed it before updating and it worked fine, but after the updates it displays sort of a empty window, with only a disfunctional selection of operating systems, other options are gone.

Return to “Software & Applications”