Firefox Needs Update

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fred

Re: Firefox Needs Update

Post by Fred »

cmost,

You are of course correct, but it is still worth remembering once in a while just how good Linux users do have it by comparison.

Besides, a little guilt once in a while never hurt anybody. But you are right it shouldn't constantly be used as a club. :-)

Fred
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I have to go along with Fred on this. I keep the Mint Firefox defaults on my machine. I figure Clem goes above and beyond to provide a good system and the default search helps to pay the bills. People are free to do what they want but I don't think my conscience would let me change the default search.
cmost
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cmost »

Hey guys, I respect your decisions but you've decided for yourselves what's best for YOU. Other people make decisions that are right for them. That's all I'm saying. Some people prefer vanilla Firefox and they don't feel the least bit guilty about using it in Mint. While it is our right to refuse to help people do something with their own computers because we disagree with what they're doing we certainly shouldn't pass judgment on them or try to make them feel guilty. My view is as simple as that. :wink:
Fred

Post by Fred »

cmost,

I was not refusing helping anybody. There are a number of instructions in this thread to accomplish what he wanted, as well as in other places in the forum. I was just trying to throw a different light or perspective on the issue. Not beat up of the user.

Fred
cmost
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cmost »

No worries Fred. I didn't mean to get on your case! You do a lot of great work in these forums! :-)

Return to “Software & Applications”