[ Solved ] Sent from Linux Mint

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
jbh911
Level 4
Level 4

[ Solved ] Sent from Linux Mint

Post by jbh911 »

I've noted emails from that other OS with a little tail on the email stating where its from, ie program and OS.
Suggest Linux Mint do something similar say for Thunderbird.

Sent from Linux Mint

Showing Linux is out there.
Last edited by jbh911 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Sent from Linux Mint

Post by xenopeek »

My personal opinion: just because other operating systems are invasive and hijack their users' private communication to advertise themselves without their users' consent doesn't make it right to do this on Linux Mint as well. Now if you want to put "Sent from Linux Mint" in your Thunderbird signature, that's your pitch to promote Linux Mint :wink: But I think it is crossing a line to make the (any) operating system do this by default.
lyndave
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lyndave »

i agree we have a right to privacy and what ever op sys you use and what email program you use etc is privacy concern, if privacy is not a concern to you, maybe you may be happy going back to windows (no offense meant) i came to linux mint because of privacy concerns and freedom
dcrowder
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dcrowder »

xenopeek wrote:My personal opinion: just because other operating systems are invasive and hijack their users' private communication to advertise themselves without their users' consent doesn't make it right to do this on Linux Mint as well. Now if you want to put "Sent from Linux Mint" in your Thunderbird signature, that's your pitch to promote Linux Mint :wink: But I think it is crossing a line to make the (any) operating system do this by default.
+1
Mint 21 Vanessa | Cinnamon | x64
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

I would remove such a line from my signature right quick, in any OS.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

I believe you can create a signature in Thunderbird that gets appended to all your emails.
jbh911
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbh911 »

Thanks for the responses. I'll have look at signature in Thunderbird. Thanks again
8)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”