Thanks Clem.....

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eddier

Thanks Clem.....

Post by eddier »

Just wanted to express my gratitude to Clem and his amazing gang of Minty penguins. I never cease to be amazed at how well Mint works.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Thanks Clem.....

Post by JoeFootball »

It is indeed a wonderful thing that we have here, to which we should all be thankful. :) Which compels me to remind everyone about the Linux Mint Donations page.

Let me preface by saying donating is completely voluntary, and I'm sure there are those who'd like to help, but cannot, but perhaps there are some of us who do have means at hand. And I additionally remind everyone that we have power in our numbers, which means that even a small amount multiplied by many of us can equate to a substantial endowment.

Joe
dcrowder
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dcrowder »

Long time Mint user... just made first donation. It is a small amount, but if we all chip in a little bit... it adds up. Thanks for the reminder.
Mint 21 Vanessa | Cinnamon | x64
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

dcrowder wrote:Long time Mint user... just made first donation. It is a small amount, but if we all chip in a little bit... it adds up. Thanks for the reminder.
Excellent! Nice move! :)

For the consideration of others: For me, I know I have an amount that I certainly won't miss per month, so I donate that to Linux Mint. I'm confident that there are others who can't, but I'll bet there are other people out there like me.

So, again for me, it's like this. Linux has changed my life for the better, without question. Donating my small amount per month will have negligible financial impact on my life, if any. With that, it makes sense for me to donate that small amount that I won't miss. If this sounds like you, then I urge you to take it under consideration.

Stepping off soapbox now. :)

Joe
greerd
Level 6
Level 6

Post by greerd »

When I donate, its usually before Xmas, so the team can buy a turkey, just so long as they don't save it and put it out as the next upgrade! :lol:
Rocky Bennett
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rocky Bennett »

I love Linux Mint but I can't use it, I just can not tolerate the screen tearing. Right now I am using openSUSE 42.2 and I am very happy with it because there is no screen tearing, it just works. I still donate to the Linux Mint team very regularly, but until they are able to fix the screen tearing I will have to use other distros.
dcrowder
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dcrowder »

Rocky Bennett wrote:I love Linux Mint but I can't use it, I just can not tolerate the screen tearing. Right now I am using openSUSE 42.2 and I am very happy with it because there is no screen tearing, it just works. I still donate to the Linux Mint team very regularly, but until they are able to fix the screen tearing I will have to use other distros.
Very cool to donate but not using Mint!
Mint 21 Vanessa | Cinnamon | x64
Rocky Bennett
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rocky Bennett »

In all fairness, all of the Ubuntu based distros have severe screen tearing, but I really like Mint a lot and that is why I continue to donate. Right now my daily driver is openSUSE 42.2, which is real easy to use and configure.
SwanRider

Post by SwanRider »

I made my first donation and received a personal email, well it was personal to me. The donation process was easy to do. The only thing I have a niggle about is that I couldn't change my place to the Isle of Man as we are not the ukland. That aside, I don't have a great income, so donated what I could and will do so again when I have some more to spare. It really is just my way of saying thanks for Mint and for ending my windows nightmare. I really hope every member here and every user of Mint makes at least one donation, just to say thanks and allow us to have Mint for many years to come
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

SwanRider wrote:That aside, I don't have a great income, so donated what I could and will do so again when I have some more to spare. It really is just my way of saying thanks for Mint and for ending my windows nightmare. I really hope every member here and every user of Mint makes at least one donation, just to say thanks and allow us to have Mint for many years to come
Well said. I'm sure the majority of us are in similar situations, but for those of us who can, if we donate the small amount we won't miss, then our little donations can become a significant sum.

Again, our power is in our numbers. :)

Joe
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

greerd wrote:When I donate, its usually before Xmas, so the team can buy a turkey, just so long as they don't save it and put it out as the next upgrade! :lol:
:roll: :lol:
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
pc49
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pc49 »

Used to donate a while back via bank transfer but now the Paypal feature precludes bank payments and requires card payment...I do not use my cards to make payments so would like to know how to make bank payment. :twisted: :|
thatsallurspaceships

Post by thatsallurspaceships »

i want to thank the linuxmint developer aswell
there is no easy way to make this kind of donation
a good hting is the bitcoin payment of bitcoins, but this also some new thing to us too, what ive read so far they need to make like every donation a tax payment and having 120+ countries and whatnot wont let glem time to contribute to linuxmint
it was possible when lmint wasnt as popular as it is nowaday

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”