Is Twitter Inc Being Hypocrites?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
tek_heretik

Is Twitter Inc Being Hypocrites?

Post by tek_heretik »

Twitter is well known for their over zealous account locking software (I have been a victim of it on numerous occasions). My question is, there's a certain very active troll with a skin pigment similar to that of an acidic fruit with a peel and segmented inside, very common to Florida, should said troll get special treatment because he/she draws armies of helper trolls (more accounts=more advertising $ for Twitter Inc)? You could consider many of this person's tweets in violation of Twitter Inc's rules but they never do anything about it. I am not OK with a social media corporation enabling a misogynist bully, I'm proposing a boycott of Twitter Inc until they either kick the offender off their site or at least treat him/her like everybody else. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of double standards.
MintBean

Re: Is Twitter Inc Being Hypocrites?

Post by MintBean »

Impossible to comment without knowing who the person is and what they're saying. Just stop using Twitter if you feel so strongly about it.
Last edited by MintBean on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

We know who he's talking about. I think his post is borderline against Mint forum rules:
Messages that contain sensitive religious or political topics may be removed on the basis of inciting far too emotional and personal debate. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83314
tek_heretik

Post by tek_heretik »

MintBean wrote:Impossible to comment without knowing who the person is and what they're saying.
Umm, that should be fairly evident by the clues, AAMOF, that very person was in the news just TODAY for that very thing. The main point is the two levels of rules for regular users and those with fame, celebrity, money, even infamy.
tek_heretik

Post by tek_heretik »

Schultz wrote:We know who he's talking about. I think his post is borderline against Mint forum rules:
Messages that contain sensitive religious or political topics may be removed on the basis of inciting far too emotional and personal debate. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83314
How so? This is about an injustice by a social media corporation, which is part of IT and the internet.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

And CNN, which is also part of the internet, had to retract a false story a couple of days ago and fire 3 people over it. Why don't you call for a boycott of them? Publishing a false story is bullying also.
tek_heretik

Post by tek_heretik »

Schultz wrote:And CNN, which is also part of the internet, had to retract a false story a couple of days ago and fire 3 people over it. Why don't you call for a boycott of them?
Because CNN is not using Twitter as a hate conduit, Twitter is banning people standing up to this person's hate and misinformation, but the same person is
allowed to tweet anything, with zero consequences. Nice try though.

Edit: CNN did act on what it found and they did the right thing, again, nice try, and nice deflection.
Last edited by tek_heretik on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

Schultz wrote:We know who he's talking about. I think his post is borderline against Mint forum rules
Agreed. I don't think calling for boycotts has any place on this site.
tek_heretik

Post by tek_heretik »

MintBean wrote:
Schultz wrote:We know who he's talking about. I think his post is borderline against Mint forum rules
Agreed. I don't think calling for boycotts has any place on this site.
Well then you're enablers too.

Edited for a spelling error.
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

tek_heretik wrote:Well then you're enablers too.
I don't agree, but if that's your honest feeling then surely unless we're banned, you should boycott this site by your own logic?
tek_heretik

Post by tek_heretik »

MintBean wrote:
tek_heretik wrote:Well then you're enablers too.
I don't agree, but if that's your honest feeling then surely unless we're banned, you should boycott this site by your own logic?
Do you verbally attack women anywhere on the internet?
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

tek_heretik wrote:Do you verbally attack women anywhere on the internet?
According to you, I'm an enabler of someone who does so.

BTW, I suspect this guy is on Youtube and Facebook. Another couple of sites you will presumably no longer be frequenting, unless you want to become an 'enabler' like me.
Penn

Post by Penn »

tek_heretik wrote:Twitter is well known for their over zealous account locking software (I have been a victim of it on numerous occasions).
Judging by what else you have gone on to say, locking your account was probably justified.

Hypocrites? Well, it was shown rather clearly Twitter (and other social media sites) was censoring people leading up to November in a way that seemed slanted against his supporters. Yeah, back then I knew a lot of people that would have agreed with you. Question is, are you being a hypocrite by not agreeing with them then, and are they by not agreeing with you now?

Looking at the tweet you are obviously referring to - Was it ugly? Sure. Did it break rules? Not that I know of, but really, what are the specific rules in there code of conduct you agreed to in creating an account were violated? I honestly don't know the rules of that site.

Why are you afraid to say you are clearly talking about Trump? If it is an attempt to bypass rules here, I refer you back to my first line.
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

Nipping this in the bud. Flaming doesn't add value to this thread. Move on.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].

Return to “Open Chat”