Icon Themes with MATE 18.1

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Icon Themes with MATE 18.1

Post by Pepi »

I noticed on my LMDE2 with MATE 18.1 that my sound icon doesn't change on any icon themes? Does yours? Mine is always simple and BLACK :x
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Icon Themes with MATE 18.1

Post by JosephM »

Sorry if this is obvious, but did you try logging out and back in? Killing and restarting the panel would likely do the same thing. In some cases things will not change until they are restarted.

Since icon themes work through inheritance, the new theme you choose must also contain it's own version of that particular icon or it will be inherited from a parent theme.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Icon Themes with MATE 18.1

Post by Pepi »

JosephM wrote:Sorry if this is obvious, but did you try logging out and back in? Killing and restarting the panel would likely do the same thing. In some cases things will not change until they are restarted.

Since icon themes work through inheritance, the new theme you choose must also contain it's own version of that particular icon or it will be inherited from a parent theme.
that's it :oops: Weird, my LMDE2 Mint MATE 17 machine will change when I make the icon change.

Thanks

Return to “LMDE Archive”