Portal & Restricted Drivers Install Issue

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Portal & Restricted Drivers Install Issue

Post by lakehousetech »

Hey all,
I have just completed installing Felcia Main Edition, and upon restarting performed all of the updates via mintUpdate. I then went to the software portal to install Envy as well as some other stuff. When I click on an item to install it I get the normal 'open with mint install' dialog. I press install and apply on the 'not authenticated' dialog. The 'downloading packages' window comes up, but it never downloads anything. Upon canceling I get the error that it has 'failed to fetch' the packages from whatever repository. I've tried other applications, and get the same problem. I also encounter this when attempting to install restricted hardware drivers. I can get on the internet without any trouble, so I am wondering if this is a network hardware or protocol problem. Everything is set for auto configuration. I'm on a wired LAN. Nothing out of the ordinary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Portal & Restricted Drivers Install Issue

Post by lakehousetech »

Note: Just loaded the recovery console and attempted an apt-get update and got the same error 'failed to fetch' . It tells me to run 'apt-get update' .....duh! So I'm stuck.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

I've seen other posts regarding the same problem, and no one seems to have a solution. Should I just spend another twenty minutes re-installing?
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Envy and Restricted drivers takes quite a while for some reason. I noticed when Restricted Drivers was installing, it sat there with no progress bar for a long time and then all of a sudden it showed progress and finished. How long did you wait on the install?
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

I waited at least ten minutes before giving up. I've got no trouble getting online, and did not encounter this on my other machine. I'm at a loss for a solution. I've looked through the network configuration, as well as verifying my router and firewall settings. I really don't think it's the repositories. I'll keep an eye out for some ideas a bit longer, but otherwise I may attempt a re-installation. Thanks for popping up on here. At least I'm not the only one who has encountered this problem.

Chris
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Update: Finally tried a traceroute to google, and it would not get past the router. I checked all of the routers settings, and nothing should stop it in it's tracks. This install was an upgrade from Mint 5. I had no such trouble with Elyssa on there previously, so who knows. I'm going to re-install once more.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Finally decided to give up, and re-installed Elysaa. Now I can reach updates. Only thought is a possible glitch during installation of Felicia.

Return to “Software & Applications”