Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
soundchaser59
Level 2
Level 2

Easy Friendly SWF Editor

Post by soundchaser59 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:21 pm

I recently realized that LibreOffice Impress will let me create a slide show and export it as a swf file.

I used to have Swish on my Windows machine, but now I no longer have that option. All I need to do is add an mp3 soundtrack to my slideshow. I don't really care if it's swf or not, just that swf was a format I recognized and was familiar with.

I'm only wanting to create a slideshow with a sound track, using my own original song files as the sound tracks, for upload to my youtube "channel."

What program should I look for? Anything out there that's is easy to install and friendly and intuitive to use?

CaptainKirksChair
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Easy Friendly SWF Editor

Post by CaptainKirksChair » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:47 pm

You can try Imagination. It's in Software Manager. The last update was 2011 to version 3.0 so I can't speak for how robust of an application it is.

soundchaser59
Level 2
Level 2

Post by soundchaser59 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:14 pm

ok, Thanks! I'll give it a look....

phd21
Level 19
Level 19

Post by phd21 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:02 am

Hi "soundchaser59",

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

There are some really great slideshow (movie maker) applications available as well.

You can convert swf into other formats using many tools, which would make it easier to add to any slideshow (movie maker) application, video editor, etc... all of which can easily add a sound track to your video presentation...

If you have one of these swf files that you can share with us, then we can help recommend some more working options for you.

Have you tried the YouTube online video editor? It might be able to add your swf file and add a sound track too.

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 19.2 Cinnamon & xKDE (Xfce) & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Ancient Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, 256gb SDD, only Intel 4 Graphics. Why I use KDE?:https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde

Return to “Software & Applications”