(SOLVED) 17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit and Anker Soundcore Mini bluetooth speaker - cannot connect

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thekelvingreen
Level 2
Level 2

(SOLVED) 17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit and Anker Soundcore Mini bluetooth speaker - cannot connect

Post by thekelvingreen »

Hello all.

I've just been given an Anker Soundcore Mini bluetooth speaker and while I can connect to it with my other devices, I cannot get Linux Mint to connect to it.

When I go to the bluetooth settings, and Bluetooth New Device Setup the speaker is recognised but the device type is "Unknown".

If I select the Soundcore Mini and go to Continue, the setup process skips straight through to the Setup Summary.

It then shows up in my bluetooth devices as paired, but seems to be inactive and doesn't work as a speaker.

(It also doesn't appear as an output device in the Sound Options.)

Any ideas? My guess is that it's being recognised as a bluetooth device but not as a speaker.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thekelvingreen
Level 2
Level 2

Re: 17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit and Anker Soundcore Mini bluetooth speaker - cannot connect

Post by thekelvingreen »

Right, so using Blueman I can get the SoundCore Mini to pair with my computer and be recognised as both a headset and an A2DP Sink, but when I try to connect, I get a message saying "Device added successfully, but failed to connect" so I seem to be getting closer, but still no sound output!
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: 17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit and Anker Soundcore Mini bluetooth speaker - cannot connect

Post by JeremyB »

Disconnect from the headset in blueman, then in terminal

Code: Select all

pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
Then connect and see if it works for audio
thekelvingreen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by thekelvingreen »

That worked, thanks!

What was the issue, and why did that code fix it?
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: (FIXED) 17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit and Anker Soundcore Mini bluetooth speaker - cannot connect

Post by JeremyB »

It loads the module needed by pulseaudio to work with bluetooth audio devices
thekelvingreen
Level 2
Level 2

Re: (FIXED) 17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit and Anker Soundcore Mini bluetooth speaker - cannot connect

Post by thekelvingreen »

Understood. Thank you again!

Return to “Hardware Support”