Linking a database to Evolution Contacts

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
donlinux
Level 2
Level 2

Linking a database to Evolution Contacts

Post by donlinux »

Well, I've given up on ever syncing my palm m130 again as every new kernel still has a broken visor module. I love Elyssa and don't want to downgrade to Darnya just to sync my calendar and contacts. so.... I'm going to get a netbook to function as my PIM. Most likely a Dell mini 9

My new question that I've not been able to find an answer to is this:
Is there any way to link a database table's fields to Evolution's Contact Manager?
My issue is that I have a database for my Accounts that contains over 230 individual account records. Each Account record has 88 fields including 8 "contacts" per account with Name, Phone, Ext., Cell phone, E-mail.
I can't just use Evolution as my database as I need to have other company information such as "product carried" (I represent 33 different factories), "competitive product" etc...
What I'm looking to be able to do is to add a contact to my database and have the basic information automatically be added to the contact portion of Evolution and/or update when I update the database. I'm trying to avoid having to enter things multiple times in both my database and Evolution.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Don
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Linking a database to Evolution Contacts

Post by Husse »

When I googled
link a database table fields to Evolution's Contact Manager
I found Pimlico
http://pimlico-project.org/
Seems at least to be partially what you want
donlinux
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Linking a database to Evolution Contacts

Post by donlinux »

Thanks Husse. I'll take a look and see if this can be adapted to my needs. I believe it's more of a mobile evolution type app versus database though.

Return to “Software & Applications”