[SOLVED] Linux Mint 17.1 Date & Time Disappered from Task Bar

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
julianvb

[SOLVED] Linux Mint 17.1 Date & Time Disappered from Task Bar

Post by julianvb »

2017-08-03

Recently the Date & Time indicator suddenly disappeared from my LM 17.1 task bar. I used to be able to correct this problem by using the Notification Area entry in an LM 17.1 submenu, but it's no longer visible. I'll appreciate very much receiving any help from this forum.

Julianvb
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MichaelJohn

Re: Linux Mint 17.1 Date & Time Disappered from Task Panel

Post by MichaelJohn »

Click on the task-bar -> Add and select Clock.Puzzling how you lost it!
julianvb

Re: Linux Mint 17.1 Date & Time Disappered from Task Bar

Post by julianvb »

MichaelJohn,

Thanks very much for your great help. I recently lost the date/time clock after it strangely went astray into the screen from the task bar. As there was nothing I could do to rein it in, I somehow removed it from the screen. That was how I lost it.

Julianvb
MichaelJohn

Re: Linux Mint 17.1 Date & Time Disappered from Task Bar

Post by MichaelJohn »

julianvb wrote:MichaelJohn,

Thanks very much for your great help. I recently lost the date/time clock after it strangely went astray into the screen from the task bar. As there was nothing I could do to rein it in, I somehow removed it from the screen. That was how I lost it.

Julianvb
Glad I could help. All desktops, regardless of OS, throw up some funnies at time. A colleague and myself have one so strange and infrequent that we cannot reproduce it.The only fix is a reboot.We both had it the same day three weeks ago and not since but am sure it will pop up when most inconvenient!

Return to “Software & Applications”