Kmail Broken in Mint KDE RC?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SOliver556
Level 1
Level 1

Kmail Broken in Mint KDE RC?

Post by SOliver556 »

Just installed KDE RC1 and am very impressed. Love it even more than Main Edition with Gnome. My problem is I really want to use the Kontact PIM since I am used to working with SharePoint. I keep getting an undefined symbol error for Kmail when I launch Kontact. Should I have used another version of Kmail besides what is coming up in Synaptic? is there a problem with Kmail in the new RC or am I just a bigger noob than I thought I was?.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rec9140

Re: Kmail Broken in Mint KDE RC?

Post by rec9140 »

SOliver556 wrote:Just installed KDE RC1 and am very impressed. Love it even more than Main Edition with Gnome. My problem is I really want to use the Kontact PIM since I am used to working with SharePoint. I keep getting an undefined symbol error for Kmail when I launch Kontact. Should I have used another version of Kmail besides what is coming up in Synaptic? is there a problem with Kmail in the new RC or am I just a bigger noob than I thought I was?.
KMail, is borq'd on RC1

Code: Select all

kmail: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkmailprivate.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN4KPIM8KMeditor16contextMenuEventEP17QContextMenuEvent

So I am done playing with RC1, no way to do email.

Kontact will not work with out KMail.

This appears to be related to:

http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=180046
SOliver556
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SOliver556 »

Thanks! Just making sure it wasn't me.
dafi

Post by dafi »

Ok I did the following:

sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list
uncomment the last source which says:

## +++ KDE 4.2 +++
#deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-experimental/ubuntu intrepid main
than upgrade kdepimlibs and kmail with adept manager to the latest version (a lot of stuff! including kaddressbook, kontact, mysql5 and so on)
comment (#) the source in sources.list again

And: There is no kmail error

BUT :-)
I cannot skip the f***ing introduction page of kontact 1.4.1 and so i can not do anything :-\
I'm working on that :-)
Now having lunch...

Return to “Software & Applications”