Why do some questions have scrolling icons next to them?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HubertCumberdale

Why do some questions have scrolling icons next to them?

Post by HubertCumberdale »

I use the term "scrolling icons" since I don't know how else to describe them. When I look at a list of questions on these Mint forums, most have static icons to the left of them. But some have "scrolling" icons (i.e. they're non-static).
How can I disable this behaviour? (As I find it annoying)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintBean

Re: Why do some questions have scrolling icons next to them?

Post by MintBean »

Hot topic. Rate of replies.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=81997
HubertCumberdale

Post by HubertCumberdale »

OK thanks - so presumably there's no way to disable this behaviour and make these icons static, since then the "Hot topic" icon would look identical to the "Unread topic" icon.

Also, I don't understand "Unread topic that you have posted in". If I posted in a topic, then it's read by definition. What does that icon mean?
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

HubertCumberdale wrote: I don't understand "Unread topic that you have posted in". If I posted in a topic, then it's read by definition. What does that icon mean?
I take it to mean 'Topic that I have posted in, and that has gained new, unread-by-me replies since'.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
syg00

Post by syg00 »

MintBean wrote:Hot topic. Rate of replies.
How about that.
Being new here, I observed the scrolling was always for a multi-page thread, so assumed that is what it meant. I guess indirectly it is, as they have more chance of being "hot" ... :shrug:

Return to “Non-technical Questions”