Logo to improve

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
August Twenty

Logo to improve

Post by August Twenty »

Is there anyone to improve that ???
apple.pdf
ubuntu.pdf
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Logo to improve

Post by catweazel »

I think the ubuntu design is very attractive. The Apple design looks like a person in a compromising position, but hey, that's just my opinion.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

catweazel wrote:I think the ubuntu design is very attractive.
I agree that it looks nice, but I'm having trouble not reading it as a white w instead of a green m. Possibly because the negative space has square line ends, which is common and traditional in many many typefaces, and the positive space does not.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
August Twenty

Post by August Twenty »

catweazel wrote:The Apple design looks like a person in a compromising position
With what it is suppossed to be a mint leaf, I think it is an alien in a compromising position !!! ;)
August Twenty

Post by August Twenty »

On the apple thing, I think it's a good idea to modify the L a little bit, so we get a negative m that will be parallel the upper M. It's gonna be in the same spirit of the Formula one logo !!! And the new "square apple" will be quite filled just like the real apple logo !!!
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

I like the 'Ubuntu' one but agree with Moem that there's room for misinterpretation. I think the whole Linux Mint branding is very limiting. 'Mint' is an overused handle for all kinds of products and leaves you with a not particularly brilliant green palette to work with. Mint as a logo is hard to do anything distinctive with and if you go a step further and insist the logo contains the letters LM it becomes particularly awkward.

I really think Mint needs a total rebrand but I suspect that would be considered too disruptive at this stage.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Moem wrote:
I agree that it looks nice, but I'm having trouble not reading it as a white w instead of a green m. Possibly because the negative space has square line ends, which is common and traditional in many many typefaces, and the positive space does not.
My impression too.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

August Twenty wrote:I think it is an alien in a compromising position !!! ;)
It doesn't matter if it's an alien. The idea of it representing some kind of being a compromising position is now firmly embedded in your psyche :mrgreen:
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

I still consider the design submitted by troken way back is the most attractive logo I've seen for Linux Mint.
troken.png
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

tenfoot wrote:I still consider the design submitted by troken way back is the most attractive logo I've seen for Linux Mint.

troken.png
It looks like a garden snail with a Sydney Opera house on its back.
August Twenty

Post by August Twenty »

JerryF wrote:
Moem wrote:
My impression too.
That's why I'm looking for somebody to improve the thing !!!! anyone ???
laederlappen

Post by laederlappen »

tenfoot wrote:I still consider the design submitted by troken way back is the most attractive logo I've seen for Linux Mint.
Agreed.
I was using this logo (different color) as a splash screen on boot up and on a customized login screen. :wink:
Augtwen

How about this !!!!

Post by Augtwen »

flat.png
Beveled.png
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: How about this !!!!

Post by catweazel »

Augtwen wrote:flat.png
Beveled.png
It looks like the mouth of a hagfish.
Augtwen

Post by Augtwen »

Anyone to do the solid stereo skeumorphic version ????
Augtwen

Post by Augtwen »

catweazel wrote:
Beveled.png
Just imagine that on a keyboard !!! instead of the windows key !!!! ^^
Augtwen

Post by Augtwen »

font.png
I would love that on my T-Shirt !! ^^
Augtwen

Post by Augtwen »

catweazel wrote:I think the ubuntu design is very attractive. The Apple design looks like a person in a compromising position, but hey, that's just my opinion.
meet my new friend :p
emyou.png
Augtwen

Post by Augtwen »

catweazel wrote:
Beveled.png
mesh.png
Augtwen