[SOLVED] Canon LBP6230 printer not working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Luchinsky

[SOLVED] Canon LBP6230 printer not working

Post by Luchinsky »

Dear experts,

I have some problems with Canon LBP6230dw WiFi printer in Mint64. In more details:
1) I've downloaded the drivers from official site and installed them
2) I've added the printer using "Printers" program
3) I tried to print the test page, the job stand completed in the printer's queue but nothing happens

The printer works fine with Windows 10 (dual boot on the same computer) and Mac Os

Is there any way to fix this problem?

I tried to collect some debug information, but failed to attach text file to this post.

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Canon LBP6230 printer not working

Post by Pjotr »

Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Canon LBP6230dw needs Canon's UFR driver

Post by pdc_2 »

Pjotr's very comprehensive site has to do with inkjet printers;

for this laser printer, Canon recommend their UFR driver ....... from here http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/cont ... 95001.html It is UFRII LT Printer Driver Ver.1.40 and released 21st July 2017

If you click to download and SAVE the package, it should end up in your Downloads folder by default as linux-UFRIILT-drv-v140_uken.tar.gz

If you open a terminal; (TV screen on toolbar); and paste in the commands below; line by line; and hit the ENTER key after each paste ........ to paste into the terminal, right-click at the text prompt and look for PASTE in the menu that appears ..

Code: Select all

cd Downloads

tar -zxvf  linux-UFRIILT-drv-v140_uken.tar.gz

cd  linux-UFRIILT-drv-v140_uken

./install.sh

I see Canon also supply a network configuration tool from here http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/cont ... 63201.html and it comes down as Linux_NWST_V231.tar.gz

You would install it the same way; substituting its name in the above sequence

...........the install script in the main UFR packages does 2 things ..
1) install the printer drivers
2) register the printer on lpadmin ............ that should mean recognising it is wireless and setting it up .......... I am assuming it is a wireless laser?

................ so ........ you might not need to install the second package ....... the network config tool ...........)
Luchinsky

Re: Canon LBP6230 printer not working

Post by Luchinsky »

Thank you very much, the last message helped to solve the problem!
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

SOLVED: linux Mint Canon LBP6230 printing well with Canon driver

Post by pdc_2 »

great; I take it that the printer is working well for you now; if so, marvellous;

as you own the thread, you can edit the title to say SOLVED ..... then anyone following can find your solution

best wishes
sdowney717

Re: [SOLVED] Canon LBP6230 printer not working

Post by sdowney717 »

I just bought this printer, and used LAN to connect. The driver does print, but, driver fails t o print test pages. They are upto v150, not v140 now.

Funny thing, driver says printing completed for either test print, yet never prints a page.

including the print log, shows me, scott-xfs, print test 0 pages, and yet says it is ok. The other print tests done from windows 10.
its wide pic, so have to scroll over to see for the test page, 0 pages in and out.
print1.png

Return to “Printers & Scanners”