SOLVED: Workplace Switching wrap around in Cinnamon

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
foberle
Level 3
Level 3

SOLVED: Workplace Switching wrap around in Cinnamon

Post by foberle »

Hi: I'm new to Cinnamon, but have used workplace switching on other distros.

I'm used to having the Ctrl+Alt+Right arrow go through workspaces 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3, etc. - in other words, to wrap around.

I'm also used to having Ctrl+Alt+Down arrow go from (for example) workspace 1 to workspace 3, etc.

On my new Cinnamon install, there is no wrap around, nor could I find any setting to enable or disable this. I've been given to understand that using Compiz interferes with Cinnamon's own workspace management, so I didn't want to mess with that. Can anyone tell me if that's true about Compiz and, if so, how I would enable wrap-around or if it is even possible.

As for the Ctrl+Alt+Down and +Up, these seem to dim the display and restore it to normal brightness; I'm not sure what purpose that serves, since it is easy enough to have that done automatically after a set period of time. Am I missing something here? Can I override that behavior to jump directly up or down to different workspaces?

Thanks in advance ...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Workplace Switching wrap around in Cinnamon

Post by Moem »

foberle wrote:I'm used to having the Ctrl+Alt+Right arrow go through workspaces 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3, etc. - in other words, to wrap around.
Preferences => Workspaces => Settings; Allow cycling through workspaces: ON

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
foberle
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Workplace Switching wrap around in Cinnamon

Post by foberle »

Thanks much. Now if you have the name of a good optometrist ...
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: SOLVED: Workplace Switching wrap around in Cinnamon

Post by Moem »

Preferences => General; User interface scaling: double (Hi DPI) :wink:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Cinnamon”