Firefox does not have as many options in Options menu. [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SyncroScales
Level 4
Level 4

Firefox does not have as many options in Options menu. [SOLVED]

Post by SyncroScales »

Hello,

I was using Firefox and tried to change options and preferences. But Firefox does not have as many options in Options menu. Advanced is missing for example. Why?

I did all the updates.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Desktop:ASUS M3N78-VM, AMD Phenom II 965 3.4GHz, 3.5GBRAM(4GB), XP SP3/Vista SP2/LinuxMintCinnamon64-bit, nVidia GeForce GT 430. Laptop:AMD Athlon 64 X2 DualCore 3800+ 2GHz(AMD QL-62), 3GB RAM, Vista SP2/LinuxMintCinnamon64-bit, ATI 3100.
Jeffex
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Firefox does not have as many options in Options menu.

Post by Jeffex »

Hi there SyncroScales, this is not an answer to your question, but I have the same query as well.
All I have now, when I click on Preferences and look at the left-hand menu is General, Search, Privacy and Security, and Firefox Account.
There used to be a lot more options, including Advanced?
Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa, Cinnamon: 4.4.8
wallaroo
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wallaroo »

I think you'll find all the options are still there, previously they were spread over 13 menu groups and sub-groups, but now they are spread across only 4 menu groups (and no sub groups).
A lot less clicking to find the option you need.
Mute Ant

Post by Mute Ant »

If you want an old-style-new-patches Mozilla browser you need IceWeasel or Firefox-ESR. Debian based OS get one of these by default, there's a PPA for Ubuntu weasels... https://askubuntu.com/questions/894871/ ... r-on-16-04
SyncroScales
Level 4
Level 4

Post by SyncroScales »

I am not finding all of those options even in fewer menu groups and sub groups.

Anyone know about the languages?

Thanks.
Desktop:ASUS M3N78-VM, AMD Phenom II 965 3.4GHz, 3.5GBRAM(4GB), XP SP3/Vista SP2/LinuxMintCinnamon64-bit, nVidia GeForce GT 430. Laptop:AMD Athlon 64 X2 DualCore 3800+ 2GHz(AMD QL-62), 3GB RAM, Vista SP2/LinuxMintCinnamon64-bit, ATI 3100.
wallaroo
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wallaroo »

General -> Language and Appearance -> Language -> Choose
SyncroScales
Level 4
Level 4

Post by SyncroScales »

I don't know if a Linux update was not fully recognized. But I found some options that were not accessible before. It looks like all of it is there.
Jeffex
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Firefox does not have as many options in Options menu. [SOLVED]

Post by Jeffex »

Thanks wallaroo, I wasn't digging deep enough.
Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa, Cinnamon: 4.4.8

Return to “Beginner Questions”