[SOLVED] Menu items stick together and text field lost its border

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zerox

[SOLVED] Menu items stick together and text field lost its border

Post by zerox »

Hi, I'm new to linux mint and last night I tried to install several pdf viewers then this problem appeared (I can't remember when the problem appear, maybe after I install bookworm ? I) anyway, the problem is the space between menu items are gone, the scrollbar also gone too and at the login screen the password field doesn't show up or doesn't show its content but I able to input the password and hit enter to login. I've tried to remove all the pdf viewers that I installed, still not working

This is on my terminal

This is on my files

Please help me guys, thank you :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Menu items stick together and text field lost its border

Post by JosephM »

You didn't say how you installed them. You need to pay attention to what is being installed/upgraded. From the pics it looks like you probably upgraded to a newer version of Gtk so all your themes are broken.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
zerox

Re: Menu items stick together and text field lost its border

Post by zerox »

Hooray ! thank you for the clue, I checked my update list and realized that the package libgtk-3-0 and libgtk-3-common had been updated last night, so I downgrade it to the previous version 3.18.9-1ubuntu3.3 But when I boot in it said cinnamon session not found so I have to reinstall it using:

Code: Select all

apt-get install --reinstall cinnamon
After I reboot my machine, everything work great !
Thank you so much !!!! :D

Return to “Cinnamon”