can't share internet from the same WiFi interface

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ali darhk

can't share internet from the same WiFi interface

Post by Ali darhk »

Hello
I am trying to have WiFi connection from router through laptop to my phone.(phone can not reach the wifi router)
I can do that in other OS with the same laptop.

I am trying to use Create_AP to share internet from the same WiFi interface. it give me that error:

Code: Select all

AS ali # create_ap wlp1s0b1 wlp1s0b1 MyAccessPoint MyPassPhrase
WARN: Your adapter does not fully support AP virtual interface, enabling --no-virt
ERROR: You can not share your connection from the same interface if you are using --no-virt option.
maybe it is a driver/software problem, Driver Manager gives me three options:
Broadcom Corporation:BCM4313 802.11bgn
  1. bcmwl-kernel-source
  2. firmware-b43-installer
  3. firmware-b43legacy-installer
I can connect to wifi with all of them but the first option dose not allow me to create hotspot. #2 and 3 allow me to create hotspot and share internet from wired connection.

What should I do? before I give up and go back to my previous operating system.
sorry for my long post.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: can't share internet from the same WiFi interface

Post by JeremyB »

I was not able to do that with my BCM4313 as it must not be supported by the module but my Atheros AR9485 can do it

You may also be able to use cheap network extenders that can get the signal to your phone

Return to “Networking”