[Solved] Deleted game menu icon by mistake

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Alacycle
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] Deleted game menu icon by mistake

Post by Alacycle »

I recently broke Minetest with a mod and deleting it using Un-install so as to re-install a clean version failed, so after doing a search using root I found all the files that had failed to delete and deleted them.
I was then able to re-install the game and it works fine now.
The problem is I accidentally deleted the icon on the Menu / Games section (Minetest appears and works but has no icon).
The missing icon was from /usr/share/app-install/icons folder, so could someone please tell me where can I get another so as to restore the icon?
I am using Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon 64 bit (Cinnamon Version 3.2.7) Linux Kernel 4.40-21 generic.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintBean

Re: Deleted game menu icon by mistake

Post by MintBean »

Attached
Last edited by MintBean on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alacycle
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Alacycle »

Sorry I may have explained my problem poorly, I mean the icon for starting the game from the desktop menu, not the icons in the game itself.
I have attached a screenshot of the menu from my desktop to explain.
Note the highlighted Minetest does not have an icon like the other items in the start menu have.
The icon normally lives in the folder: File System - usr/share/app-install/icons
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

Boot your live Mint USB and steal it from there.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

My bad, you explained fine.
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

Download here, and you should be able use the 'unarchive' option from the menu to browse the file and get the icons you want.
https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/amd6 ... t/download
Alacycle
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Alacycle »

Thank you all for your help, I thought it wouldn't work at first but you can't just drop the image in usr/share/app-install/icons you also have to edit the Menu itself and choose an image
Everything is fine now :-)

Return to “Cinnamon”