[SOLVED] AMP

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
arimakidd
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] AMP

Post by arimakidd »

I would like to install Apache2, Php7 and MySQL all in one location on my linux box. Is this advisable and how can I do it? I have been looking at various sudo apt-get commands that do a all in one installation but it doesn't look like all the applications go to the same location. Last but not least, will the apache httpd.conf automatically be configured for php? Do I still have to configure it? Can I do configurations before I install?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
arimakidd
Level 3
Level 3

Re: AMP

Post by arimakidd »

Solved. I'll ask this question in a more appropriate forum. Software and Applications.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Mod notes:
Moved, duplicate deleted, please don't double post.
If this is solved, please mark as SOLVED (in the title) and post your solution so others can find it too.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
arimakidd
Level 3
Level 3

Post by arimakidd »

I have found a really nice command to install apache,php,mysql. Here is the command to install php:

Code: Select all

$ sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install -y php7.0
My question is what is the location of the installation? How can I control this location? Suppose I want to install somewhere else?
arimakidd
Level 3
Level 3

Post by arimakidd »

I executed the commands found on this page:
https://tecadmin.net/install-php-7-0-ap ... n-ubuntu/#

Everything installed to /etc. Is there an advantage when it installs here? Are there ramifications when it installs somewhere else?
arimakidd
Level 3
Level 3

Post by arimakidd »

Okay so at least I was able to vi the index.html and change it to index.php and echo phpinfo(). The location of the documentroot is in /var/www/html and the location of the configuration files are /etc/apache2.

Not quite what I set out to do. I'll focus on moving everything to one location later. For now this works.
Last edited by arimakidd on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arimakidd
Level 3
Level 3

Post by arimakidd »

[SOLVED]

Return to “Software & Applications”