Kmail can't connect for one user (SOLVED)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Kmail can't connect for one user (SOLVED)

Post by bigbearomaha »

On a multi user setup ( as are they all lol)

I have Kontact running for all users. in all cases but one does it work fine.

For the one user, it produces an error which says that it can't connect to to Host:LocalHost.

I have checked the settings and I cannot find where this would come into play, especially since it only occurs for the one user.

has anyone seen this before?

Big Bear
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

It must be a configuration problem, something wrong in the way his email account is setup. Check the incoming server tabs.

Clem
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Also check he's got an SMTP server setup in Kmail... cause there's no MTP in Linux Mint, so if he's using sendmail it simply won't work.

Clem
Note: actually it'd be good if there was an MTP.. I'll check how big that is for Cassandra.
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bigbearomaha »

OK, after a little more combing through things,

The domain on the computer was set incorrectly. Pretty simple just one of those things that doesn't look "wrong" the first 100 times you go by it.

The user name is very similar to another and for some reason when kmail setup, it truncated the user-desktop name in the "default-domain" box at the bottom of the setup box.

and so, it was looking for the necessary data in an account it had no access to, because it was the wrong account.

so, feeling like a bashful goat, I corrected the user domain and walla-presto, all is well.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this.

On another note, I have used evolution for awhile now , forcing myself to use it to be familiar with it for the experience. But in my opinion Kmail is the better of the two. That's just my opinion. I think it looks better, although kmail could take a hint from evolution on account setup.

Big Bear

Return to “Software & Applications”