An open source social network

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Fabio7891
Level 2
Level 2

An open source social network

Post by Fabio7891 »

Hello to everybody !

In this time I am experimenting a new "Facebook". It's called Minds and is open source: http://www.minds.com
Is someone already a Mind's subscriber ?
What do you think about it ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintBean

Re: An open source social network

Post by MintBean »

Haven't really used it myself yet, but a lot of Youtubers are gradually migrating to it as Youtube has demonetised their videos for what appear to be political reasons.
Looks good.
mwbworld

Post by mwbworld »

Interesting. I might have to check it out.

One of the things that drove me crazy with facebook/instagram/twitter etc. (beyond the ads, feeds distortions, etc.) is the number of folks who are just there to market themselves or something they sell rather than just be social and interact. I kind of wish there was a separate social media one for the the folks promoting things and one for just real interactions.

I remember when ello was hyped as the new facebook but it never really had enough folks and it seems to be overrun with spam accounts (admittedly there are a lot of those on FB as well.
Fabio7891
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Fabio7891 »

I have seen you can even help the project, translating it in your native language: https://www.minds.com/localization
wizzybang

Post by wizzybang »

Just joined and looks interesting but does seem a bit like a mass of self promotion. Lots of boosts and wiring things and dollar signs lol (which I don't really have an issue with, i signed up to monetise my channel straight away as it gave me the option to do so) , I'll give it a go and see whats its all about, a slight irony in it though is that you can sign up with Facebook!!
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Acid_1 »

wizzybang wrote:Just joined and looks interesting but does seem a bit like a mass of self promotion. Lots of boosts and wiring things and dollar signs lol (which I don't really have an issue with, i signed up to monetise my channel straight away as it gave me the option to do so) , I'll give it a go and see whats its all about, a slight irony in it though is that you can sign up with Facebook!!
This was my first impression too. I quickly marked their emails as spam and will unlikely go back.

Return to “Open Chat”