Bugs: Mint 6 updates cause panel applets to fail

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bobo-the-Cat
Level 3
Level 3

Bugs: Mint 6 updates cause panel applets to fail

Post by Bobo-the-Cat »

Since installing Mint 6.0 - I have had the following problems with panel applets and programs:-

1. Early updates installed using Mint Update caused both Tomboy notes and Gnome Do to fail.
2. Installing ClamAV antivirus has just caused "Sticky Notes" to stop working properly.

There seems to be a trend here - instability in the panel software caused by installation elsewhere.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Bugs: Mint 6 updates cause panel applets to fail

Post by Husse »

Very hard to say what causes it
I've seen scattered reports about more or less similar behaviour but not many
However Intrepid is not all that stable - can be upstream
I'll see if I can find something
viking777

Post by viking777 »

I use MintUpdate, gnome-do and clamav and everything works perfectly for me. I don't use Tomboy, but I just tried it and it works perfectly as well.

Difficult to explain, like so many things in computing. Hardware perhaps? I don't know.
gumby
Level 3
Level 3

Post by gumby »

Bobo-the-Cat wrote:Since installing Mint 6.0 - I have had the following problems with panel applets and programs:-

1. Early updates installed using Mint Update caused both Tomboy notes and Gnome Do to fail.
2. Installing ClamAV antivirus has just caused "Sticky Notes" to stop working properly.

There seems to be a trend here - instability in the panel software caused by installation elsewhere.
Bobo,

I just spent several hours trying to find "Sticky Notes 1.1.5" but can only find it in a tarball. As I'm a newbie, I don't yet know how to compile a program from a tarball. Do you perhaps have a deb of the program or know where one can be found? Thanks.
Bobo-the-Cat
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Bobo-the-Cat »

Gumby,

You can find Sticky-Notes by right-clicking on the panel/tray at the bottom of the screen and selecting "Add to Panel". Scroll down the list of applications and you should see it there.
gumby
Level 3
Level 3

Post by gumby »

Bobo,

Thanks. But I am not convinced that the "sticky notes" panel applet is the same as "Sticky Notes 1.1.5." I think the latter might be a different, and better program.

Return to “Software & Applications”