HDMI Audio

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cadteach1

HDMI Audio

Post by cadteach1 »

I know HDMI audio comes up alot. I've searched, but no solution. I have a Dell E6400, running the NVIDIA G98M [Quadro NVS 160M]
Ive got the NVIDIA driver 340.102 running, and when I plug in a TV via displayport to HDMI, I get video but no audio.
I have pavucontrol, but no option for HDMI Audio comes up on configuration. Further, if i list aplay -l only the Intel device is listed, and if I list aplay -L , more options, but only for the Intel device, no HDMI. Yes I am only running those after plugin to the TV, and also no alternate selection for audio if I try alsamixer.

So the HDMI audio isn;t recognized by the system for some reason. I've tried the pulseaudio -k , but it doesn't change the lack of recognition of the HDMI.

I have been sure to add the user (myself, who is the sudo user) to the audio group , to be sure that isn't an issue, still no luck. Any help would be welcomed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Joe2Shoe
Level 5
Level 5

Re: HDMI Audio

Post by Joe2Shoe »

I had the same issue on a Dell Latitude E6500. Solved it by plugging an audio cable from the laptop to the tv. That will work until we find a real "fix".
"Tolerance is the refuge of men without conviction."
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
cadteach1

Post by cadteach1 »

Bump...?
cosmicaug
Level 1
Level 1

Post by cosmicaug »

• Get root (sudo, su, whatever).
  • Open /alsa-base.conf
  • Insert a line that reads as

Code: Select all

options snd-hda-intel model=dell-m4-2
  • Reboot (or restart the driver,... whatever).
Previously, I looked for the answer to this for a long time and now I found it without looking for it.

Sources:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=65440
https://web.archive.org/web/20130412161 ... isplayPort

Return to “Sound”