Installing AMDGPU-PRO in 18.3 breaks graphics

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zorbama
Level 1
Level 1

Installing AMDGPU-PRO in 18.3 breaks graphics

Post by zorbama »

Hello,

Today I have updated Linux Mint to version 18.3, and I've been having some trouble installing a graphics driver for my AMD R7 260X card.

After refreshing my memory of the details presented in the threads found here and here, I installed the AMDGPU driver downloaded from AMD's website (version 17.40, found here). I may have done some of the steps described in the second thread I linked to out of order, but I made sure that all instructions were followed nonetheless.

After restarting the computer, a black screen with a blinking cursor awaited me. I had to remove the driver and reinstall xserver-xorg-video-radeon for graphics to show again. I tried twice more after this, but the result was the same.

I'm not sure what to do now. I'm not even sure what the problem is. Is there any way to see what is actually going wrong, or better yet, does someone have an idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance!

-Amir
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Inspiring quote" -Inspiring Person
coffee412
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Installing AMDGPU-PRO in 18.3 breaks graphics

Post by coffee412 »

I would make sure all the fglrx drivers files are purged out of your system and then install the AMD driver again. There might be some files left over even though the driver packages were uninstalled. I have seen this posted on other sites as being the problem.
Ryzen x1800 Asus Prime x370-Pro 32 gigs Ram RX480 graphics
Dell PE T610, Dell PE T710
- List your hardware Profile: inxi -Fxpmrz
MeshCentral * Virtualbox * Debian * InvoiceNinja * NextCloud * Linux since kernel 2.0.36
zorbama
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zorbama »

coffee412 wrote:I would make sure all the fglrx drivers files are purged out of your system and then install the AMD driver again. There might be some files left over even though the driver packages were uninstalled. I have seen this posted on other sites as being the problem.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm not sure what you mean by fglrx. From what I know, fglrx is the old proprietary driver used before mint 18. Since this is a new system installation which wiped the previous system, which was 18.2 and didn't have fglrx on it anyway, I don't think that's the case.
At any rate, how do I go about checking that?
coffee412
Level 8
Level 8

Post by coffee412 »

zorbama wrote:
coffee412 wrote:I would make sure all the fglrx drivers files are purged out of your system and then install the AMD driver again. There might be some files left over even though the driver packages were uninstalled. I have seen this posted on other sites as being the problem.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm not sure what you mean by fglrx. From what I know, fglrx is the old proprietary driver used before mint 18. Since this is a new system installation which wiped the previous system, which was 18.2 and didn't have fglrx on it anyway, I don't think that's the case.
At any rate, how do I go about checking that?

Code: Select all

sudo locate fglrx
What kernel are you running? Issue the command:

uname -a 
One other thing you can do. There is a config file for your video card (sometimes) that can be problematic.

/etc/X11/Xorg.conf

This file is the settings file for your graphics display. If some of the config in it is not supported after you install the AMD drivers then you get a display crash (black screen with cursor). Back it up and delete it first before rebooting or activating the new AMD driver. Im not saying that is your issue but you should try it.

Back it up:

cd /etc/X11
sudo cp Xorg.conf Xorg.conf.backup
Then delete it:

sudo rm Xorg.conf
See if that works. It might be the issue. If not you can always restore it or the system might re-create it on bootup with the kernel driver.

Let me know

EDIT: Im running the RX480 and I checked my system for the Xorg.conf file and I do not have it. So it may not be there for you. But good to check anyways.
MeshCentral * Virtualbox * Debian * InvoiceNinja * NextCloud * Linux since kernel 2.0.36
zorbama
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zorbama »

coffee412 wrote:Im running the RX480 and I checked my system for the Xorg.conf file and I do not have it. So it may not be there for you. But good to check anyways.
It's true, there is no such file. However, there is a folder called xorg.conf.d which can be found in /usr/share/X11. This folder contains several configuration files, each dealing with a different driver.

It's a bit weird, but when using the "locate" command it showed that there was supposed to be a "10-amdgpu-pro.conf" file in that folder, but there wasn't such a file there.

I copied the entire folder and deleted the original, and tried to reinstall the driver. The result was the same, so I returned the files to the same place, and restarted.

It was then that the "10-amdgpu-pro.conf" file appeared. I guess it's only there once you install the driver. I added ".bak" at the end of the file's name, and restarted.

Voila! Graphics!

It seems to be working fine now, except a game I was playing now crashes immediately upon launch. I'm testing to see how other games react, but all in all, I think the problem is solved.

As for fglrx, the only file I could find was a .desktop launcher called fglrx-driver.desktop found in /usr/share/app-install/desktop. I also renamed this one with a ".bak" at the end, but I don't think this file does anything anyway.

The kernel version is 4.10.0-38. It's the default version installed with 18.3.

Thanks for the help!
coffee412
Level 8
Level 8

Re: [SOLVED] Installing AMDGPU-PRO in 18.3 breaks graphics

Post by coffee412 »

Great! Glad to hear things are working out. :)

It seems to be working fine now, except a game I was playing now crashes immediately upon launch. I'm testing to see how other games react, but all in all, I think the problem is solved.
I ran the AMDgpu driver with my RX480 and I found that I could not run kodi. It would segfault on startup. As I remember its due to some graphics setting in the driver that some software depends on that is not there. I dont remember right now. So, I went back to the kernel driver and I am happy. It works great for me.

Have a great week.
sebadamus

Post by sebadamus »

Hello,

I tried the same you did renaming 10-amdgpu-pro.conf to .BAK, and it seems to work. My problem was that I got a blackscreen after reboot, and the only way to recover was uninstalling amd drivers.

I might be wrong, but I think that what you did renaming that file is not loading amdgpu-pro driver, so it loads amdgpu driver only (the -pro is the amd driver from amd.com I think)

What do you get if you run:

sudo lshw -C video

I might be wrong, but I think you shout get amdgpu-pro instead of amdgpu only

sudo lshw -C video
       *-display               
       descripción: VGA compatible controller
       producto: Hawaii PRO [Radeon R9 290]
       fabricante: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
       id físico: 0
       información del bus: pci@0000:01:00.0
       versión: 80
       anchura: 64 bits
       reloj: 33MHz
       capacidades: pm pciexpress msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuración: driver=amdgpu latency=0
       recursos: irq:49 memoria:c0000000-cfffffff memoria:d0000000-d07fffff ioport:e000(size=256) memoria:fea00000-fea3ffff memoria:c0000-dffff
zorbama
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zorbama »

sebadamus wrote:Hello,

I tried the same you did renaming 10-amdgpu-pro.conf to .BAK, and it seems to work. My problem was that I got a blackscreen after reboot, and the only way to recover was uninstalling amd drivers.

I might be wrong, but I think that what you did renaming that file is not loading amdgpu-pro driver, so it loads amdgpu driver only (the -pro is the amd driver from amd.com I think)

What do you get if you run:

sudo lshw -C video

I might be wrong, but I think you shout get amdgpu-pro instead of amdgpu only

sudo lshw -C video
       *-display               
       descripción: VGA compatible controller
       producto: Hawaii PRO [Radeon R9 290]
       fabricante: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
       id físico: 0
       información del bus: pci@0000:01:00.0
       versión: 80
       anchura: 64 bits
       reloj: 33MHz
       capacidades: pm pciexpress msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuración: driver=amdgpu latency=0
       recursos: irq:49 memoria:c0000000-cfffffff memoria:d0000000-d07fffff ioport:e000(size=256) memoria:fea00000-fea3ffff memoria:c0000-dffff
I ran the command you mentioned, and it does indeed only say "amdgpu", no "-pro" at the end. I don't really understand what that means. There is so much going on with these video drivers, it's hard to keep track. I guess that may explain why things don't work as well as before the upgrade to 18.3. Perhaps this isn't as solved as I thought it was... :S
sebadamus

Post by sebadamus »

Thanks for answering! As far as I little know, "amdgpu" and "radeon" (this one is linixmint default when fresh install) drivers are community drivers and not AMD propietary one. You can see the description if you search for amdgpu description within synaptic package manager for i.e.

Also, some games won't work like Alien, with amdgpu only. I will stick to radeon default until I can get yo a solution.
zorbama
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zorbama »

sebadamus wrote:Also, some games won't work like Alien, with amdgpu only. I will stick to radeon default until I can get yo a solution.
Well, amdgpu seems to work okay for me for the time being, but I'll keep that in mind.
I appreciate your help. :)
zorbama
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zorbama »

A bit of an update: I tried to return to the Radeon driver, and it seems that when running:

sudo lshw -C video
it still shows the string "amdgpu" under "driver", so I don't know if that field provides useful feedback. It also seems like the amdgpu-pro driver does work, as I have removed both xserver-xorg-video-radeon and xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu, and I still have graphics. It also runs games better, for the most part.
sebadamus

Post by sebadamus »

Hello Mate,

How did you tried to uninstall amd drivers? with the amd uninstall tool firstly? or directly from apt or synaptics?
zorbama
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zorbama »

sebadamus wrote:Hello Mate,

How did you tried to uninstall amd drivers? with the amd uninstall tool firstly? or directly from apt or synaptics?
Using Synaptic. I was not aware that there were amd uninstall tools.
sebadamus

Post by sebadamus »

ups... maybe removing the driver with synaptic it didnt roll-back the changes it made when installing.

I am no guru, but I would... install xserver-xorg-video-radeon (in case you want to go back to mint stock driver), reinstall amd driver just like the first time. Reboot. You might get a black screen, no worry, alt+ctrl+F1 so you get the command line, and then amdgpu-pro-uninstall. Reboot and it should start using again the radeon one (I think)

Take notes of any error in the process just in case you need to troubleshoot...

Anyway there is a good post recently viewtopic.php?f=59&t=258633, havent read it good yet but seems to have a good point!
zorbama
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zorbama »

sebadamus wrote:ups... maybe removing the driver with synaptic it didnt roll-back the changes it made when installing.

I am no guru, but I would... install xserver-xorg-video-radeon (in case you want to go back to mint stock driver), reinstall amd driver just like the first time. Reboot. You might get a black screen, no worry, alt+ctrl+F1 so you get the command line, and then amdgpu-pro-uninstall. Reboot and it should start using again the radeon one (I think)

Take notes of any error in the process just in case you need to troubleshoot...

Anyway there is a good post recently viewtopic.php?f=59&t=258633, havent read it good yet but seems to have a good point!
For now, I managed to get things to work using my current configuration, so I don't think I'll get back to using the default radeon driver.

That thread's conclusion seems to be that Mint 18.x is really not good for AMD graphics, and that switching to another distro may bring better results. I would hate to switch away from Mint, and hopefully, since things are kind of working now, I won't have to.
Fidric
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Fidric »

Hello everybody!

I have exactly the same problem: blinking cursor & black screen :shock:

Below my Xorg.0.log log:

[    19.214] 
X.Org X Server 1.18.4
Release Date: 2016-07-19
[    19.214] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
[    19.214] Build Operating System: Linux 4.4.0-97-generic x86_64 Ubuntu
[    19.214] Current Operating System: Linux Prinz_Eugen 4.10.0-42-generic #46~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Mon Dec 4 15:57:59 UTC 2017 x86_64
[    19.214] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.10.0-42-generic root=UUID=83c13757-5b86-4a68-b819-12d22dab8c84 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
[    19.214] Build Date: 13 October 2017  01:57:05PM
[    19.214] xorg-server 2:1.18.4-0ubuntu0.7 (For technical support please see http://www.ubuntu.com/support) 
[    19.214] Current version of pixman: 0.33.6
[    19.214] 	Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
	to make sure that you have the latest version.
[    19.214] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
	(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
	(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
[    19.215] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sun Dec 17 14:04:09 2017
[    19.215] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[    19.215] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.
[    19.215] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
[    19.215] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
[    19.215] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
[    19.215] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
	Using a default monitor configuration.
[    19.215] (==) Automatically adding devices
[    19.216] (==) Automatically enabling devices
[    19.216] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices
[    19.216] (==) Max clients allowed: 256, resource mask: 0x1fffff
[    19.216] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
[    19.216] 	Entry deleted from font path.
[    19.216] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/" does not exist.
[    19.216] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/" does not exist.
[    19.216] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi" does not exist.
[    19.216] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi" does not exist.
[    19.216] (==) FontPath set to:
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,
	built-ins
[    19.216] (**) ModulePath set to "/opt/amdgpu-pro/lib/xorg/modules,/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
[    19.216] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
	If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
[    19.216] (II) Loader magic: 0x562bb9daedc0
[    19.216] (II) Module ABI versions:
[    19.216] 	X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[    19.216] 	X.Org Video Driver: 20.0
[    19.216] 	X.Org XInput driver : 22.1
[    19.216] 	X.Org Server Extension : 9.0
[    19.217] (++) using VT number 8

[    19.217] (II) systemd-logind: logind integration requires -keeptty and -keeptty was not provided, disabling logind integration
[    19.217] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
[    19.220] (--) PCI:*(0:1:0:0) 1002:683d:1458:2556 rev 0, Mem @ 0xe0000000/268435456, 0xfea00000/262144, I/O @ 0x0000e000/256, BIOS @ 0x????????/131072
[    19.220] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[    19.220] (II) Loading /opt/amdgpu-pro/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
[    19.221] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    19.221] 	compiled for 1.19.0, module version = 1.0.0
[    19.221] 	ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 10.0
[    19.221] (EE) module ABI major version (10) doesn't match the server's version (9)
[    19.221] (II) UnloadModule: "glx"
[    19.221] (II) Unloading glx
[    19.221] (EE) Failed to load module "glx" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
[    19.221] (II) Applying OutputClass "amdgpu-pro" to /dev/dri/card0
[    19.221] 	loading driver: amdgpu
[    19.221] (II) Applying OutputClass "AMDgpu" to /dev/dri/card0
[    19.221] 	loading driver: amdgpu
[    19.221] (==) Matched amdgpu as autoconfigured driver 0
[    19.221] (==) Matched amdgpu as autoconfigured driver 1
[    19.221] (==) Matched ati as autoconfigured driver 2
[    19.221] (==) Matched ati as autoconfigured driver 3
[    19.221] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 4
[    19.221] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 5
[    19.221] (==) Matched vesa as autoconfigured driver 6
[    19.221] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
[    19.221] (II) LoadModule: "amdgpu"
[    19.221] (II) Loading /opt/amdgpu-pro/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/amdgpu_drv.so
[    19.222] (II) Module amdgpu: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    19.222] 	compiled for 1.19.3, module version = 1.3.99
[    19.222] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    19.222] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 23.0
[    19.222] (EE) module ABI major version (23) doesn't match the server's version (20)
[    19.222] (II) UnloadModule: "amdgpu"
[    19.222] (II) Unloading amdgpu
[    19.222] (EE) Failed to load module "amdgpu" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
[    19.222] (II) LoadModule: "ati"
[    19.222] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module ati
[    19.222] (II) UnloadModule: "ati"
[    19.222] (II) Unloading ati
[    19.222] (EE) Failed to load module "ati" (module does not exist, 0)
[    19.222] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
[    19.222] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
[    19.222] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    19.222] 	compiled for 1.18.4, module version = 1.18.4
[    19.222] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 20.0
[    19.222] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
[    19.222] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
[    19.222] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    19.222] 	compiled for 1.18.1, module version = 0.4.4
[    19.222] (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
[    19.222] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so
[    19.222] (II) Module vesa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    19.222] 	compiled for 1.18.1, module version = 2.3.4
[    19.222] (II) Applying OutputClass "amdgpu-pro" to /dev/dri/card0
[    19.222] 	loading driver: amdgpu
[    19.222] (II) Applying OutputClass "AMDgpu" to /dev/dri/card0
[    19.222] 	loading driver: amdgpu
[    19.222] (==) Matched amdgpu as autoconfigured driver 0
[    19.222] (==) Matched amdgpu as autoconfigured driver 1
[    19.222] (==) Matched ati as autoconfigured driver 2
[    19.222] (==) Matched ati as autoconfigured driver 3
[    19.222] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 4
[    19.222] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 5
[    19.222] (==) Matched vesa as autoconfigured driver 6
[    19.222] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
[    19.222] (II) LoadModule: "amdgpu"
[    19.222] (II) Loading /opt/amdgpu-pro/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/amdgpu_drv.so
[    19.223] (II) Module amdgpu: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    19.223] 	compiled for 1.19.3, module version = 1.3.99
[    19.223] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    19.223] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 23.0
[    19.223] (EE) module ABI major version (23) doesn't match the server's version (20)
[    19.223] (II) UnloadModule: "amdgpu"
[    19.223] (II) Unloading amdgpu
[    19.223] (EE) Failed to load module "amdgpu" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
[    19.223] (II) LoadModule: "ati"
[    19.223] (WW) Warning, couldn't open module ati
[    19.223] (II) UnloadModule: "ati"
[    19.223] (II) Unloading ati
[    19.223] (EE) Failed to load module "ati" (module does not exist, 0)
[    19.223] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
[    19.223] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
[    19.223] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    19.223] 	compiled for 1.18.4, module version = 1.18.4
[    19.223] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 20.0
[    19.223] (II) UnloadModule: "modesetting"
[    19.223] (II) Unloading modesetting
[    19.223] (II) Failed to load module "modesetting" (already loaded, 0)
[    19.223] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
[    19.223] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
[    19.223] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    19.223] 	compiled for 1.18.1, module version = 0.4.4
[    19.223] (II) UnloadModule: "fbdev"
[    19.223] (II) Unloading fbdev
[    19.223] (II) Failed to load module "fbdev" (already loaded, 0)
[    19.223] (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
[    19.223] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so
[    19.223] (II) Module vesa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    19.223] 	compiled for 1.18.1, module version = 2.3.4
[    19.223] (II) UnloadModule: "vesa"
[    19.223] (II) Unloading vesa
[    19.223] (II) Failed to load module "vesa" (already loaded, 0)
[    19.223] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
[    19.223] (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
[    19.223] (II) VESA: driver for VESA chipsets: vesa
[    19.245] (II) modeset(0): using drv /dev/dri/card0
[    19.245] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for modesetting
[    19.246] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev
[    19.246] (II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
[    19.246] (II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
[    19.246] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfbdevhw.so
[    19.247] (II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    19.247] 	compiled for 1.18.4, module version = 0.0.2
[    19.247] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 20.0
[    19.247] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for vesa
[    19.247] (II) modeset(0): Creating default Display subsection in Screen section
	"Default Screen Section" for depth/fbbpp 24/32
[    19.247] (==) modeset(0): Depth 24, (==) framebuffer bpp 32
[    19.247] (==) modeset(0): RGB weight 888
[    19.247] (==) modeset(0): Default visual is TrueColor
[    19.247] (II) Loading sub module "glamoregl"
[    19.247] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
[    19.247] (II) Loading /opt/amdgpu-pro/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
[    19.250] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    19.250] 	compiled for 1.19.3, module version = 1.0.0
[    19.250] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    19.250] (II) glamor: OpenGL accelerated X.org driver based.
[    19.351] (II) glamor: EGL version 1.4:
[    19.378] (II) modeset(0): glamor initialized
[    19.412] (II) modeset(0): Output DP-1 has no monitor section
[    19.449] (II) modeset(0): Output DP-2 has no monitor section
[    19.511] (II) modeset(0): Output HDMI-1 has no monitor section
[    19.528] (II) modeset(0): Output DVI-I-1 has no monitor section
[    19.564] (II) modeset(0): EDID for output DP-1
[    19.600] (II) modeset(0): EDID for output DP-2
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): EDID for output HDMI-1
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): Manufacturer: SAM  Model: b30  Serial#: 0
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): Year: 2013  Week: 44
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): EDID Version: 1.3
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): Digital Display Input
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): Max Image Size [cm]: horiz.: 89  vert.: 50
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): Gamma: 2.20
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): No DPMS capabilities specified
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): Supported color encodings: RGB 4:4:4 YCrCb 4:4:4 
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): First detailed timing is preferred mode
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): redX: 0.640 redY: 0.330   greenX: 0.300 greenY: 0.600
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): blueX: 0.150 blueY: 0.060   whiteX: 0.312 whiteY: 0.329
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): Supported established timings:
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 720x400@70Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 640x480@60Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 640x480@67Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 640x480@72Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 640x480@75Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 800x600@60Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 800x600@72Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 800x600@75Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 832x624@75Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 1024x768@60Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 1024x768@70Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 1024x768@75Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 1280x1024@75Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): 1152x864@75Hz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): Manufacturer's mask: 0
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): Supported standard timings:
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): #0: hsize: 1152  vsize 864  refresh: 75  vid: 20337
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): #1: hsize: 1280  vsize 720  refresh: 60  vid: 49281
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): #2: hsize: 1280  vsize 800  refresh: 60  vid: 129
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): #3: hsize: 1280  vsize 1024  refresh: 60  vid: 32897
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): #4: hsize: 1440  vsize 900  refresh: 60  vid: 149
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): #5: hsize: 1600  vsize 900  refresh: 60  vid: 49321
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): #6: hsize: 1680  vsize 1050  refresh: 60  vid: 179
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): Supported detailed timing:
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): clock: 148.5 MHz   Image Size:  885 x 498 mm
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): h_active: 1920  h_sync: 2008  h_sync_end 2052 h_blank_end 2200 h_border: 0
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): v_active: 1080  v_sync: 1084  v_sync_end 1089 v_blanking: 1125 v_border: 0
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): clock: 85.5 MHz   Image Size:  885 x 498 mm
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): h_active: 1366  h_sync: 1436  h_sync_end 1579 h_blank_end 1792 h_border: 0
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): v_active: 768  v_sync: 771  v_sync_end 774 v_blanking: 798 v_border: 0
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): Ranges: V min: 24 V max: 75 Hz, H min: 15 H max: 81 kHz, PixClock max 235 MHz
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): Monitor name: SAMSUNG
[    19.662] (II) modeset(0): clock: 74.2 MHz   Image Size:  885 x 498 mm
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): h_active: 1920  h_sync: 2448  h_sync_end 2492 h_blank_end 2640 h_border: 0
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): v_active: 540  v_sync: 542  v_sync_end 547 v_blanking: 562 v_border: 0
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Supported detailed timing:
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): clock: 74.2 MHz   Image Size:  885 x 498 mm
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): h_active: 1920  h_sync: 2008  h_sync_end 2052 h_blank_end 2200 h_border: 0
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): v_active: 540  v_sync: 542  v_sync_end 547 v_blanking: 562 v_border: 0
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): h_active: 1280  h_sync: 1720  h_sync_end 1760 h_blank_end 1980 h_border: 0
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): v_active: 720  v_sync: 725  v_sync_end 730 v_blanking: 750 v_border: 0
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): h_active: 1280  h_sync: 1390  h_sync_end 1430 h_blank_end 1650 h_border: 0
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): v_active: 720  v_sync: 725  v_sync_end 730 v_blanking: 750 v_border: 0
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Number of EDID sections to follow: 1
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): EDID (in hex):
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	00ffffffffffff004c2d300b00000000
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	2c170103805932780aee91a3544c9926
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	0f5054bdef80714f81c0810081809500
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	a9c0b3000101023a801871382d40582c
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	450075f23100001e662156aa51001e30
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	468f330075f23100001e000000fd0018
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	4b0f5117000a202020202020000000fc
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	0053414d53554e470a20202020200135
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	020325f14d901f041305140312202122
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	07162309070783010000e2000f67030c
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	002000b82d011d80d0721c1620102c25
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	8075f23100009e011d8018711c162058
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	2c250075f23100009e011d00bc52d01e
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	20b828554075f23100001e011d007251
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	d01e206e28550075f23100001e8c0ad0
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): 	90204031200c40550075f23100001e66
[    19.663] (--) modeset(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Printing probed modes for output HDMI-1
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1920x1080"x60.0  148.50  1920 2008 2052 2200  1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync (67.5 kHz eP)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1920x1080"x50.0  148.50  1920 2448 2492 2640  1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync (56.2 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1920x1080"x59.9  148.35  1920 2008 2052 2200  1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync (67.4 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1920x1080"x59.9  138.50  1920 1968 2000 2080  1080 1083 1088 1111 +hsync -vsync (66.6 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1920x1080i"x60.0   74.25  1920 2008 2052 2200  1080 1084 1094 1125 interlace +hsync +vsync (33.8 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1920x1080i"x50.0   74.25  1920 2448 2492 2640  1080 1084 1094 1125 interlace +hsync +vsync (28.1 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1920x1080"x30.0   74.25  1920 2008 2052 2200  1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync (33.8 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1920x1080"x25.0   74.25  1920 2448 2492 2640  1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync (28.1 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1920x1080"x24.0   74.25  1920 2558 2602 2750  1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync (27.0 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1920x1080i"x59.9   74.18  1920 2008 2052 2200  1080 1084 1094 1125 interlace +hsync +vsync (33.7 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1920x1080"x30.0   74.18  1920 2008 2052 2200  1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync (33.7 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1920x1080"x24.0   74.18  1920 2558 2602 2750  1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync (27.0 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1680x1050"x74.9  187.00  1680 1800 1976 2272  1050 1053 1059 1099 -hsync +vsync (82.3 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1680x1050"x69.9  174.00  1680 1800 1976 2272  1050 1053 1059 1096 -hsync +vsync (76.6 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1680x1050"x60.0  146.25  1680 1784 1960 2240  1050 1053 1059 1089 -hsync +vsync (65.3 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1680x1050"x59.9  119.00  1680 1728 1760 1840  1050 1053 1059 1080 +hsync -vsync (64.7 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1600x1024"x60.2  103.12  1600 1600 1656 1664  1024 1024 1029 1030 +hsync +vsync (62.0 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1400x1050"x74.8  155.80  1400 1464 1784 1912  1050 1052 1064 1090 +hsync +vsync (81.5 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1400x1050"x70.0  145.06  1400 1496 1648 1896  1050 1051 1054 1093 -hsync +vsync (76.5 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1400x1050"x60.0  122.00  1400 1488 1640 1880  1050 1052 1064 1082 +hsync +vsync (64.9 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1600x900"x60.0  108.00  1600 1624 1704 1800  900 901 904 1000 +hsync +vsync (60.0 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1280x1024"x75.0  135.00  1280 1296 1440 1688  1024 1025 1028 1066 +hsync +vsync (80.0 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1280x1024"x60.0  108.00  1280 1328 1440 1688  1024 1025 1028 1066 +hsync +vsync (64.0 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1440x900"x59.9  106.50  1440 1520 1672 1904  900 903 909 934 -hsync +vsync (55.9 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1440x900"x59.9   88.75  1440 1488 1520 1600  900 903 909 926 +hsync -vsync (55.5 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1280x960"x60.0  108.00  1280 1376 1488 1800  960 961 964 1000 +hsync +vsync (60.0 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1366x768"x59.8   85.50  1366 1436 1579 1792  768 771 774 798 +hsync +vsync (47.7 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1360x768"x59.8   84.75  1360 1432 1568 1776  768 771 781 798 -hsync +vsync (47.7 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1360x768"x60.0   72.00  1360 1408 1440 1520  768 771 781 790 +hsync -vsync (47.4 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1280x800"x59.9   71.00  1280 1328 1360 1440  800 803 809 823 +hsync -vsync (49.3 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1152x864"x75.0  108.00  1152 1216 1344 1600  864 865 868 900 +hsync +vsync (67.5 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1152x864"x75.0  104.99  1152 1224 1352 1552  864 865 868 902 -hsync +vsync (67.6 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1152x864"x70.0   96.77  1152 1224 1344 1536  864 865 868 900 -hsync +vsync (63.0 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1152x864"x60.0   81.62  1152 1216 1336 1520  864 865 868 895 -hsync +vsync (53.7 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1280x720"x60.0   74.25  1280 1390 1430 1650  720 725 730 750 +hsync +vsync (45.0 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1280x720"x50.0   74.25  1280 1720 1760 1980  720 725 730 750 +hsync +vsync (37.5 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1280x720"x59.9   74.18  1280 1390 1430 1650  720 725 730 750 +hsync +vsync (45.0 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1024x768"x75.0  170.24  1024 1108 1220 1416  768 768 770 801 doublescan -hsync +vsync (120.2 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1024x768"x60.0  133.47  1024 1100 1212 1400  768 768 770 794 doublescan -hsync +vsync (95.3 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1024x768"x75.0   78.75  1024 1040 1136 1312  768 769 772 800 +hsync +vsync (60.0 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1024x768"x70.1   75.00  1024 1048 1184 1328  768 771 777 806 -hsync -vsync (56.5 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "1024x768"x60.0   65.00  1024 1048 1184 1344  768 771 777 806 -hsync -vsync (48.4 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "960x720"x75.0  148.50  960 1032 1144 1320  720 720 722 750 doublescan -hsync +vsync (112.5 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "960x720"x60.0  117.00  960 1024 1128 1300  720 720 722 750 doublescan -hsync +vsync (90.0 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "928x696"x75.0  144.00  928 992 1104 1280  696 696 698 750 doublescan -hsync +vsync (112.5 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "928x696"x60.1  109.15  928 976 1088 1264  696 696 698 719 doublescan -hsync +vsync (86.4 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "896x672"x75.0  130.50  896 944 1052 1228  672 672 674 708 doublescan -hsync +vsync (106.3 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "896x672"x60.0  102.40  896 960 1060 1224  672 672 674 697 doublescan -hsync +vsync (83.7 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "960x600"x60.0   77.00  960 984 1000 1040  600 601 604 617 doublescan +hsync -vsync (74.0 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "832x624"x74.6   57.28  832 864 928 1152  624 625 628 667 -hsync -vsync (49.7 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "960x540"x60.0   69.25  960 984 1000 1040  540 541 544 555 doublescan +hsync -vsync (66.6 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "800x600"x75.0  101.25  800 832 928 1080  600 600 602 625 doublescan +hsync +vsync (93.8 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "800x600"x70.0   94.50  800 832 928 1080  600 600 602 625 doublescan +hsync +vsync (87.5 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "800x600"x65.0   87.75  800 832 928 1080  600 600 602 625 doublescan +hsync +vsync (81.2 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "800x600"x60.0   81.00  800 832 928 1080  600 600 602 625 doublescan +hsync +vsync (75.0 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "800x600"x72.2   50.00  800 856 976 1040  600 637 643 666 +hsync +vsync (48.1 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "800x600"x75.0   49.50  800 816 896 1056  600 601 604 625 +hsync +vsync (46.9 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "800x600"x60.3   40.00  800 840 968 1056  600 601 605 628 +hsync +vsync (37.9 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "800x600"x56.2   36.00  800 824 896 1024  600 601 603 625 +hsync +vsync (35.2 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "840x525"x75.0   93.50  840 900 988 1136  525 526 529 549 doublescan -hsync +vsync (82.3 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "840x525"x69.9   87.00  840 900 988 1136  525 526 529 548 doublescan -hsync +vsync (76.6 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "840x525"x60.0   73.12  840 892 980 1120  525 526 529 544 doublescan -hsync +vsync (65.3 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "840x525"x59.9   59.50  840 864 880 920  525 526 529 540 doublescan +hsync -vsync (64.7 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "720x576"x50.0   27.00  720 732 796 864  576 581 586 625 +hsync +vsync (31.2 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "720x576"x50.0   27.00  720 732 796 864  576 581 586 625 -hsync -vsync (31.2 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "720x576i"x50.0   13.50  720 732 795 864  576 580 586 625 interlace -hsync -vsync (15.6 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "800x512"x60.2   51.56  800 800 828 832  512 512 514 515 doublescan +hsync +vsync (62.0 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "700x525"x74.8   77.90  700 732 892 956  525 526 532 545 doublescan +hsync +vsync (81.5 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "700x525"x70.1   72.53  700 748 824 948  525 525 527 546 doublescan -hsync +vsync (76.5 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "700x525"x60.0   61.00  700 744 820 940  525 526 532 541 doublescan +hsync +vsync (64.9 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "720x480"x60.0   27.03  720 736 798 858  480 489 495 525 -hsync -vsync (31.5 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "720x480"x59.9   27.00  720 736 798 858  480 489 495 525 -hsync -vsync (31.5 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "720x480i"x60.0   13.51  720 739 801 858  480 488 494 525 interlace -hsync -vsync (15.8 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "720x480i"x59.9   13.50  720 739 801 858  480 488 494 525 interlace -hsync -vsync (15.7 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "640x512"x75.0   67.50  640 648 720 844  512 512 514 533 doublescan +hsync +vsync (80.0 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "640x512"x60.0   54.00  640 664 720 844  512 512 514 533 doublescan +hsync +vsync (64.0 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "720x450"x59.9   53.25  720 760 836 952  450 451 454 467 doublescan -hsync +vsync (55.9 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "640x480"x60.0   54.00  640 688 744 900  480 480 482 500 doublescan +hsync +vsync (60.0 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "640x480"x75.0   31.50  640 656 720 840  480 481 484 500 -hsync -vsync (37.5 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "640x480"x72.8   31.50  640 664 704 832  480 489 492 520 -hsync -vsync (37.9 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "640x480"x75.0   31.50  640 656 720 840  480 481 484 500 -hsync -vsync (37.5 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "640x480"x66.7   30.24  640 704 768 864  480 483 486 525 -hsync -vsync (35.0 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "640x480"x60.0   25.20  640 656 752 800  480 490 492 525 -hsync -vsync (31.5 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "640x480"x59.9   25.18  640 656 752 800  480 490 492 525 -hsync -vsync (31.5 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "720x400"x70.1   28.32  720 738 846 900  400 412 414 449 -hsync +vsync (31.5 kHz e)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "680x384"x59.8   42.38  680 716 784 888  384 385 390 399 doublescan -hsync +vsync (47.7 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "680x384"x60.0   36.00  680 704 720 760  384 385 390 395 doublescan +hsync -vsync (47.4 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "576x432"x75.0   54.00  576 608 672 800  432 432 434 450 doublescan +hsync +vsync (67.5 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "576x432"x75.0   52.49  576 612 676 776  432 432 434 451 doublescan -hsync +vsync (67.6 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "576x432"x70.0   48.38  576 612 672 768  432 432 434 450 doublescan -hsync +vsync (63.0 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "576x432"x60.1   40.81  576 608 668 760  432 432 434 447 doublescan -hsync +vsync (53.7 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "512x384"x75.0   39.38  512 520 568 656  384 384 386 400 doublescan +hsync +vsync (60.0 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "512x384"x70.1   37.50  512 524 592 664  384 385 388 403 doublescan -hsync -vsync (56.5 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "512x384"x60.0   32.50  512 524 592 672  384 385 388 403 doublescan -hsync -vsync (48.4 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "416x312"x74.7   28.64  416 432 464 576  312 312 314 333 doublescan -hsync -vsync (49.7 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "400x300"x72.2   25.00  400 428 488 520  300 318 321 333 doublescan +hsync +vsync (48.1 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "400x300"x75.1   24.75  400 408 448 528  300 300 302 312 doublescan +hsync +vsync (46.9 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "400x300"x60.3   20.00  400 420 484 528  300 300 302 314 doublescan +hsync +vsync (37.9 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "400x300"x56.3   18.00  400 412 448 512  300 300 301 312 doublescan +hsync +vsync (35.2 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "320x240"x72.8   15.75  320 332 352 416  240 244 246 260 doublescan -hsync -vsync (37.9 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "320x240"x75.0   15.75  320 328 360 420  240 240 242 250 doublescan -hsync -vsync (37.5 kHz d)
[    19.663] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "320x240"x60.1   12.59  320 328 376 400  240 245 246 262 doublescan -hsync -vsync (31.5 kHz d)
[    19.680] (II) modeset(0): EDID for output DVI-I-1
[    19.680] (II) modeset(0): Output DP-1 disconnected
[    19.680] (II) modeset(0): Output DP-2 disconnected
[    19.680] (II) modeset(0): Output HDMI-1 connected
[    19.680] (II) modeset(0): Output DVI-I-1 disconnected
[    19.680] (II) modeset(0): Using exact sizes for initial modes
[    19.680] (II) modeset(0): Output HDMI-1 using initial mode 1920x1080 +0+0
[    19.680] (II) modeset(0): Using default gamma of (1.0, 1.0, 1.0) unless otherwise stated.
[    19.680] (==) modeset(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
[    19.680] (II) Loading sub module "fb"
[    19.680] (II) LoadModule: "fb"
[    19.681] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfb.so
[    19.681] (II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    19.681] 	compiled for 1.18.4, module version = 1.0.0
[    19.681] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    19.681] (II) UnloadModule: "fbdev"
[    19.681] (II) Unloading fbdev
[    19.681] (II) UnloadSubModule: "fbdevhw"
[    19.681] (II) Unloading fbdevhw
[    19.681] (II) UnloadModule: "vesa"
[    19.681] (II) Unloading vesa
[    19.681] (==) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
[    19.681] (EE) 
[    19.681] (EE) Backtrace:
[    19.681] (EE) 0: /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg (xorg_backtrace+0x4e) [0x562bb9b226ce]
[    19.681] (EE) 1: /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg (0x562bb9970000+0x1b6a69) [0x562bb9b26a69]
[    19.681] (EE) 2: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x7f1fa3feb000+0x354b0) [0x7f1fa40204b0]
[    19.681] (EE) 3: /opt/amdgpu-pro/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so (glamor_init+0x168) [0x7f1fa1d8c338]
[    19.681] (EE) 4: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so (0x7f1fa25d3000+0x7860) [0x7f1fa25da860]
[    19.681] (EE) 5: /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg (AddScreen+0x101) [0x562bb99c4131]
[    19.681] (EE) 6: /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg (InitOutput+0x3f1) [0x562bb9a08521]
[    19.681] (EE) 7: /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg (0x562bb9970000+0x57c24) [0x562bb99c7c24]
[    19.682] (EE) 8: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (__libc_start_main+0xf0) [0x7f1fa400b830]
[    19.682] (EE) 9: /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg (_start+0x29) [0x562bb99b2069]
[    19.682] (EE) 
[    19.682] (EE) Segmentation fault at address 0x562bb9b103b0
[    19.682] (EE) 
Fatal server error:
[    19.682] (EE) Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
I installed back the xorg drivers, below the inxi output:

inxi -Fx
System: Host: Kernel: 4.10.0-42-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 5.4.0)
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.6.6 (Gtk 3.18.9-1ubuntu3.3)
Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia
Machine: Mobo: ASUSTeK model: A88XM-A/USB 3.1 v: Rev X.0x
Bios: American Megatrends v: 0309 date: 03/04/2016
CPU: Quad core AMD A10-7890K Radeon R7 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G (-MCP-) cache: 8192 KB
flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm) bmips: 32720
clock speeds: max: 4100 MHz 1: 2400 MHz 2: 2400 MHz 3: 3000 MHz
4: 1700 MHz
Graphics: Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde XT [Radeon HD 7770/8760 / R7 250X]
bus-ID: 01:00.0
Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
Resolution: 1920x1080@60.00hz
GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAPE VERDE (DRM 2.49.0 / 4.10.0-42-generic, LLVM 4.0.0)
GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 17.0.7 Direct Rendering: Yes
Audio: Card-1 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] FCH Azalia Controller
driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:14.2
Card-2 Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde/Pitcairn HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 7700/7800 Series]
driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 01:00.1
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.10.0-42-generic
Network: Card: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
driver: r8169 v: 2.3LK-NAPI port: d000 bus-ID: 05:00.0
IF: enp5s0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
mac: 38:d5:47:b6:5d:53
Drives: HDD Total Size: 6501.3GB (87.7% used)
ID-1: /dev/sda model: Samsung_SSD_850 size: 500.1GB
ID-2: /dev/sdb model: WDC_WD60EFRX size: 6001.2GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 197G used: 98G (53%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda5
ID-2: swap-1 size: 19.33GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda6
RAID: No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 6.0C mobo: N/A gpu: 36.0
Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 0
Info: Processes: 213 Uptime: 1:16 Memory: 2953.8/15983.1MB
Init: systemd runlevel: 5 Gcc sys: 5.4.0
Client: Shell (bash 4.3.481) inxi: 2.2.35

But the "drivers" field is empty... is this OK?

I also noticed a version 17.50 of the drivers at the AMD web site however, anybody tried that version?

Thank you!
sebadamus

Post by sebadamus »

Hello Mate, If you had the blinking cursos after reboot... something whent wrong with the installation, I had the same problem. I you want to rollback changes and return to radeon default mint driver (so you can get GUI again, but no amd driver) you can ALT+CRTL+F1 to change to text terminal, login as root... and run amd uninstaller (this scripts installs after you install amd driver)

Just type "amd" press tab to autocomplete and you get "amd-uninstall.sh", reboot and GUI comes back (at least I did it several times and worked fine!)

Here some info... I might try later http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/amd-cataly ... ystems.pdf
Fidric
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Fidric »

sebadamus wrote:Hello Mate, If you had the blinking cursos after reboot... something whent wrong with the installation, I had the same problem. I you want to rollback changes and return to radeon default mint driver (so you can get GUI again, but no amd driver) you can ALT+CRTL+F1 to change to text terminal, login as root... and run amd uninstaller (this scripts installs after you install amd driver)

Just type "amd" press tab to autocomplete and you get "amd-uninstall.sh", reboot and GUI comes back (at least I did it several times and worked fine!)

Here some info... I might try later http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/amd-cataly ... ystems.pdf
Hi Mate!
Thank you: I have done this already: I was just wondering about that "drivers" empty field in the inxi -Fx output

When I will have a bit of time I will try the 17.50 drivers as well
zorbama
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zorbama »

I tried installing the 17.50 driver version, but apt makes an error in processing some of the packages and the installation stops:

Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/opt/amdgpu-pro-local/./amdgpu-dkms_17.50-511655_all.deb
 /var/opt/amdgpu-pro-local/./libdrm2-amdgpu_2.4.82-511655_amd64.deb
 /var/opt/amdgpu-pro-local/./libdrm2-amdgpu_2.4.82-511655_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Unfortunately, I have no idea what this means. Anyone know how to troubleshoot this?
andwbc

Post by andwbc »

I have just faced the same problem at Mint 18.3 Mate after installing xserver-xorg-hwe-16.04.
Try this:
sudo rm -r /var/opt/amdgpu-pro/
next and run again
./amdgpu-pro-install
You may need to force correction of errors by
sudo apt-get -f install

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”