vmware horizon client 4.2 on 18 Cinnamon

Questions about virtualization software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
klaypigeon

vmware horizon client 4.2 on 18 Cinnamon

Post by klaypigeon »

I am having issues installing this.
The installer runs fine and then at the end when I click 'scan' there are these failures. Some of these seem to reference deprecated files.

Code: Select all

VMware Horizon Smart Card
	Success
VMware Horizon Real-Time Audio-Video
	Failed		libudev.so.0
VMware Horizon Client Drive Redirection
	Success
VMware Horizon Multimedia Redirection (MMR)
	Success
VMware Horizon PCoIP
	Failed		libffi.so.5
VMware Horizon USB Redirection
	Failed		libudev.so.0
VMware Horizon Virtual Printing
	Success
VMware Horizon Client
	Failed		libudev.so.0
Following that I click close. The application launcher is created, but it does not actually ever launch. Anyone care to give this a try and let me know if it is just me?

PS..can someone please add a logo to the Forums? Seeing the phpBB logo just looks like it never was finished.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ptmuldoon

Re: vmware horizon client 4.2 on 18 Cinnamon

Post by ptmuldoon »

I just installed as well amd have the same issue. Were you or anyone ever capable of resolving?
greerd
Level 6
Level 6

Post by greerd »

klaypigeon wrote: Some of these seem to reference deprecated files.
Mint 18.1 contains libudev1 (contains /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1) and libffi6 (contains /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libffi.so.6), while the software is looking for libudev.so.0 and libffi.so.5. Mint 17.3 also has the same .so files as Mint 18.1 so it looks like that's some old software your trying to use.

I'm not sure if you want to start playing around with udev since it an integral part of the system so I can only suggest googling your problem but use Ubuntu 16.04 instead of Mint. Maybe someone here has a solution?
greerd
Level 6
Level 6

Post by greerd »

I see on this Ubuntu thread here, they use a link to resolve the libudev problem.

cd /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
sudo ln -sf libudev.so.1.6.4 libudev.so.0
It might work for libffi too

cd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
sudo ln -sf libffi.so.6.0.4 libffi.so.5
Note that both libudev.so.0 and libffi.so.6 are actually links, hence linking with the actual files.
BusyDad

Post by BusyDad »

I downloaded VMware client 4.6.xxx and used sudo.sh command to get installed. A few minor annoyances (PCIOP) not available but in all I can now get my work done from home when necessary.

Return to “Virtual Machines”