gnucash update

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
batwell

gnucash update

Post by batwell »

I would like a newer version of gnucash but when I run apt update and apt install gnucash I get:

"gnucash is already the newest version (1:2.6.12-1)"

Since gnucash is currently at version 1:2.6.18, this is hardly the newest version and is well over a year old.
Why does Mint think this is up to date? How do I get a newer version installed?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: gnucash update

Post by Moem »

Please see this sticky topic, posted in this same category:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=31954

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
batwell

Re: gnucash update

Post by batwell »

That doesn't actually answer my question. There have been 6 bugfix releases since the version in the main repo. Why have not any of these made it into the main repo? Is this package being ignored or are you waiting for version 2.8 or is something else going on? When do you think there might be a newer version added to the main repo?

b) linux (fixed or rolling release cycle):
it is assumed that these bugfix releases by definition don't change the app much, and hence less testing is necessary
as soon as possible after release, it'll be packaged and put into a testing repo, which will eventually make it to the main repos

Return to “Software & Applications”