Printers

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dos2

Printers

Post by dos2 »

Hi All,
My problem is trying to get my new Epson XP-445 to connect properly to my newish Cinnamon 3.4.6 via wifi. When I click Print, it goes through the motions with the printer spewing out 2 blank pages per page ordered, but without picking up the content of the page I've chosen either from one of my document files or from a web page. Interestingly, when I was setting up my printer earlier today it did print its own Test Page properly with full text. I wonder if anybody can help please? Also it may be worth noting that my cursor occasionally decides to become uncontrollable and jumps all over the place, so I wonder if this suggests a bug?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Printers

Post by kyphi »

To enable a wi-fi connection for Epson printers:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=225289
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
dos2

Re: Printers

Post by dos2 »

Thanks for info - working on it, even if it's from 2016.
As a pre-test, I tested whether the printer actually scans a page from its own flatbed - it does, but it still failed to print a page from a website, so I'll continue to work on that and let you all know

Return to “Beginner Questions”