online virtualbox?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Thane of Fife

online virtualbox?

Post by Thane of Fife »

I am trying to find a service that will let me use a remote computer via GUI, so I can perform functions like web browsing.

Doing it via command line only (like with Amazon's EC2) won't suffice.

I tried signing up with Digital Ocean but for some reason they wouldn't accept either one of my credit cards - which work everywhere else on the net. :\

So are there any good options? DigitalOcean was $5 a month which was very reasonable for me, Amazon EC2 was low usage for free but not what I needed.

Setting up my own virtualbox won't work, I need a different IP to get around regional settings. VPNs don't do the trick.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: online virtualbox?

Post by jimallyn »

There are lots of ways to do that, but Teamviewer would probably be one of the most popular:

https://www.teamviewer.us/

Teamviewer is free for personal use. There are also a number of open source alternatives, most of which have vnc in the name, and several of which are available in Software Manager or Synaptic.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Other topics”