lost sound

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

Oh but you're meant to be able to install any app for any DE on any DE because debs are so smart they install all the dependencies.

like when i installed adept-installer on gnome and all the missing icons and who knows what else..... removed now.

but f-spot worked on kde (because digiKam is ****) along with its 42 friends.

thats a swing and a miss.

:wink:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
telic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by telic »

... back to XP.
Sounds likes a configuration issue.

From your apparent frustration, I'd say that the first thing to adjust is your expectation.

Linux might not be an immediate and easy replacement of XP for you. It isn't for me, yet I know that Linux is capable of doing virtually everything I want to do with my PC -- but I approach it as a project. It's affordable. It's interesting. And it's a pastime with promise of freedom from the likes of Microsoft.

------
telic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by telic »

That's the spirit! ;-)

And, on the flip side, you might just find yourself very pleasantly surprised.

Like, the first time I got Beryl going, it was so "Whoa!" (compared to XP) that I thought a leprechaun had replaced my 3 year-old PC with a workstation.

-------

Return to “Other topics”