Grey box in terminal covering output/result

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sddfdds

Grey box in terminal covering output/result

Post by sddfdds »

Screenshot from 2017-01-15 09-52-55.png
I have a simple sfv checking program, and in the profile preferences of terminal, I have it set to 'hold the terminal open" when a program exits, so I can see the result. Granted I can see that it says child process exited normally with status 0, but why is this grey box covering the output? (This is new with 18.1) I tried messing with the colors in the theme but that didn't do anything and can't seem to figure out a way to get rid of it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
CycleRob
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Grey box in terminal covering output/result

Post by CycleRob »

I experienced the same problem . . . the banner covering up the output (using LM 18.2). Searching and reading through the entire terminal help file and terminal section of the LM 18 user manual came up blank. Is there anyone that can help us understand and correct this?

--Thanks in Advance--
LinuxMint 21.2 Cinnamon, GigabyteX570UD MoBo, Ryzen3 3200G, 16GB 2400 DDR4, 250GB NVMe Samsung970EvoPlus + 128GB Samsung850Pro, 28" ViewSonic HDMI, LogiTech M510 Mouse & K800 cordless/backlit KeyBoard.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

sddfdds,

What is this program. where did you get it and is it much different than cksfv from the repo :?:
CycleRob
Level 1
Level 1

Post by CycleRob »

My problem is terminal output is covered by "child process exited normally with status 0" error banner

Terminal program is:
"GNOME Terminal, 3.18.3, A terminal emulator for the GNOME desktop Using VTE version 0.42.5 +GNUTLS"
I loaded terminal with a user created desktop link:
inxi (checked the box "run in terminal")

The problem may be with an incomplete command line in the desktop link.
Last edited by CycleRob on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LinuxMint 21.2 Cinnamon, GigabyteX570UD MoBo, Ryzen3 3200G, 16GB 2400 DDR4, 250GB NVMe Samsung970EvoPlus + 128GB Samsung850Pro, 28" ViewSonic HDMI, LogiTech M510 Mouse & K800 cordless/backlit KeyBoard.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

I meant the sfv checking program, not the terminal.

When running inxi you should just open the terminal application from the menu and enter inxi
CycleRob
Level 1
Level 1

Post by CycleRob »

WharfRat, Thanks for the suggestion. I was doing that but wanted the whole operation to be executed with just a double click on a created desktop link. Then that concealing banner appears!
FYI, recently discovered that tapping the keyboard's up arrow in the Terminal recalls dozens of your previous terminal commands, so, for quick-n-easy, (a panel Terminal icon click) then (UpArrow [x nn times]) <enter> gets me many different desired output results like running the "sudo fstrim -v /" SSD command. Saves a lot of typing.

Return to “Software & Applications”