Dogs?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
InkKnife
Level 5
Level 5

Dogs?

Post by InkKnife »

I am winding down my mom"s estate but what I am keeping for my self is her dogs.
A mother and son pair of Vizslas.
Who here has dogs?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
i7 3770, 12GB of ram, 256GB SSD, 64GB SSD, 750GB HDD, 1TB HDD, Cinnamon.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Dogs?

Post by Cosmo. »

I have a Dobermann. My very best friend. I spent more hours per day with her than with anything else (inclusive Mint).
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

People with dogs are lucky ones. I don't owe one . But I go out fo walks , and pet stray dogs. They love me unconditionally, most humans will never do that.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

We used to, but after having to euthanize two very sick dogs (not at the same time) we no longer have any. Can't go through that again.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Jerry, I feel with you. I had this situation 5 years ago and the new Dobermann was the only way to get me out of my depression. She claimed my attention from the first day and did not give me much time for my sorrow. I know, that this situation will reoccur in some years and I try, not to think about it. But until this inevitable day will come she makes me happy every day - one thing I do not want to miss. And I see, that she feels happy also on my side. So a clear case of a win-win situation.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

We have two dogs, a mild-mannered boxer-mix from a dog pound and a kinda crazy border-collie(?) mix we found outside the Navajo reservation. We're retired and they provide an excuse to get out and walk every day while the dogs run loose in the semi-wilds.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
sammiev

Post by sammiev »

I had many female Doberman over the years. They had me well trained. :D
Last edited by sammiev on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

sammiev wrote:I had many female Doberman over the years. They had me while trained. :D
Hope you were trained well.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
Jim Hauser

Post by Jim Hauser »

I have always had at least one dog...

My current companion is a female Border Collie / Labrador mix that is 13 years old and reaching her end days. When she goes I will get another dog. That is just the way I am.

When I was a kid we did not have dogs at our house.

When I turned 19 and had my own place things changed... For the past 41 years I have always had dogs.
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

Two Welsh Springers (1 & 3 years old). Great with grandkids (3 & 5 years). :!:
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-102 Cinn 6.0.4
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

Rescue dog for 8 years. Part beagle and lab
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Pepi wrote:Rescue dog for 8 years. Part beagle and lab
So sweet. :D
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

I've had a variety of dogs over the years - Miniature longhaired Dachshund, Standard Longhared Dachshund, Smithfield, Huntaway (NZ breed), Border Collie. Border Colllie/English Setter X, Italian Spinone.

Attached is a picture of Jordan and Albert (Italian Spinone) Jordan is 10 years old. Albert died in Auguest 2011 at the age of 13.
Jordan_and_Albert.JPG
It is always heartbreaking when a dog dies. I cry buckets of tears and feel that life will never be the same again. Fortunately, a new dog eventually wins your heart.
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)
chrisuk

Post by chrisuk »

Been around Dogs for over 60 years - had Dogs myself (rather than my parents having Dogs) for over 40 years. All, apart from the last one, have been Rescue Dogs... either taken from cruel owners or found abandoned. All, apart from the last one, lived long (12 years or more) and happy lives.

My last Dog was a Labrador - highly intelligent, interested and curious about everything around him (would follow a Spider around the room, but never harm one). He was always pleased to welcome any living thing, from an Insect to a Human. Useless as a Guard Dog, brilliant as a friend. He died from illness before he was 6 years old. Caring for him while he was ill broke our hearts... my wife and I can't go through that again. Watching him suffer while being diagnosed and treated, and being unable to do anything, was the worst time of my life. That was 9 years ago, but I'm holding back tears while typing this now... will seem stupid to all but other Dog lovers.
Ranthe
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Ranthe »

We have two Shetland Sheepdogs - a 10 year old girl that we bred ourselves (Sophie), and a 3 year old re-homed boy (Anton).
Artim
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Artim »

We couldn't decide what kind of dog to get. Then one day my parents heard an old cowboy song that said, "Get a long little doggie," so they got a dachshund.
Citizen229

Post by Citizen229 »

Doberman here as well. Classified as red even though she is a chestnut color. At 11 years old now her muzzle is turning gray.
rumpus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rumpus »

I had Dobies for many years, but now live in a small house with a smaller yard.
So I now have a Westie that thinks she is a Dobermann....r
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

rumpus wrote:So I now have a Westie that thinks she is a Dobermann....r
:lol:

Question into the round: Do you have - in other countries - to pay a dog tax and are you legally forced to have a liability insurance for the dog?

Here in Germany I have to pay an annual tax of 120 € (but that is different from city to city and differ for different dog races) and for big dogs (like m Dobermannn) I have to have an insurance. I would be interested to know about this as well from other European countries and also from countries outside Europe.

EDIT: If you answer on this, please say also, in which country you're living, otherwise it does not make sense to me.
Last edited by Cosmo. on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rumpus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by rumpus »

Here in the states we have a license for dogs issued by the county you live in. This year it's 16.00 us.

Some areas here in the states require insurance on aggressive dogs such as pit bull terriers.
They also require total control over the dog. Kennels made of chain link, locking gates,etc.
Most of the owners of the pit bulls don't know, or choose to ignore the law until there is a
dog bite incident and the dog usually is put down.....r

Return to “Open Chat”