Thunderbird emails and account settings

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
crainey69

Thunderbird emails and account settings

Post by crainey69 »

Hey folks!

I've been a serious Fedora user for the last 2 years and also run A CentOS server at work.

I decided to try Mint a while back and I love it. After a little work, I've managed to get my home directories playing well with each other with one exception.

Mint Thunderbird doesn't seem to know anything about my email accounts and emails in my home directory. Is that information stored somewhere else?

Thanks for your help

Cory
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Thunderbird emails and account settings

Post by viking777 »

Open ~/.mozilla-thunderbird and delete the existing profile, then edit 'profile.ini' to read "IsRelative=0" and "Path=the full path to your existing thunderbird profile.
That does it for me.
crainey69

Post by crainey69 »

viking777 wrote:Open ~/.mozilla-thunderbird and delete the existing profile, then edit 'profile.ini' to read "IsRelative=0" and "Path=the full path to your existing thunderbird profile.
That does it for me.
Thanks I got it!

It appears that Fedora saves in .thunderbird and Mint saves in .mozilla-thunderbird.

anyway! Thanks again for your help!

Cory
Husse

Post by Husse »

Google
change profile thunderbird
and you'll get a description of how you do
I used that description to share may Thunderbird with XP when I started with Mint

Return to “Software & Applications”