Microphone

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kaye

Re: Microphone

Post by Kaye »

Have you tried changing the recording node in the Skype sound options?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

Configuring Skype was a bit different for me considering I'm using OSS rather than ALSA.. I never liked Pulse and it never worked for me so I haven't even bothered with it. I didn't have to change my output mode, only my input, but like I said it's probably fairly different for OSS and ALSA.
JotaEfe

Post by JotaEfe »

Hey people,

I'm a real newbie in Linux and am experiencing the same problem - my sound output (from speakers) is working fine, I can hear that echo call and something, but my microphone doesn't work at all. I tried all that stuff of choosing each available option and it ended up the same. Also got into gnome-sound and tried hard without luck. What exactly ALSA and OSS are supposed to mean?

I understand that PulseAudio is an applet and it should integrate properly with Skype, but it's not working. Maybe it's just configuration, but I couldn't fix it yet. So If you guys could help me in this stuff I'll apreciate it.

Thanks a lot, JF
JotaEfe

Post by JotaEfe »

Folks,

Can anyone help me, please? I am still out of solutions here.

TIA, JF

Return to “Beginner Questions”