Hello Friends :-)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ecntzwoq

Hello Friends :-)

Post by ecntzwoq »

Installed Mint on my laptop a few days ago, and I'm so impressed with its intuitiveness! Definitely the most usable GNU/Linux distro I've tried so far, and my new favorite. Cinnamon works great on my HiDPI display, too!

I was surprised to find that you can't guest/anonymously post on the Linux Mint forums or community site--even to just write a 5-star review of MintUpdate. :wink:

Also it seems like Tor exit node IPs are blocked from registering accounts on the community site, and even if it was not, having to log onto IRC to get a registration code defeats your anonymity. Also I'll occasionally get kicked off the forums from a Tor exit IP being blacklisted by Sucuri firewall. Wouldn't a difficult CAPTCHA be sufficient to allow guest posting/registration from Tor/open proxies? Not all of us Tor users are spammers, I promise!

Anyways, I look forward to talking to other minters and contributing in whichever ways I can. Peace.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Hello Friends :-)

Post by Moem »

ecntzwoq wrote:I was surprised to find that you can't guest/anonymously post on the Linux Mint forums or community site--even to just write a 5-star review of MintUpdate. :wink:
You wouldn't be, if you knew how much spam people try to post on these forums every single day. Most of it is caught before members ever get to see it.

Welcome to the Mint forum and to Mint, enjoy the freshness! :mrgreen:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Welcome aboard!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello ecntzwoq Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "ecntzwoq",

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

@ecntzwoq
Welcome to the forums.
Enjoy your Mint.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, ecntzwoq! I'm with Moem: we get a lot of attempted spammers here, but requiring first posts to be approved by a moderator makes a big difference!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Introduce Yourself”