Hi there. New Linux Mint user incoming!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BaltyRaven

Hi there. New Linux Mint user incoming!

Post by BaltyRaven »

I've been a dedicated Windows fan for 15 years now (I've been using it since I was 3). However, I have used Linux Mint as an alternative for some of my computers. It works fine, especially since it's a free distribution that I could get from the official website. For instance, my ASUS K56CA notebook uses Linux Mint as its main operating system, compared to Windows 8 due to a faulty hard drive.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Hi there. New Linux Mint user incoming!

Post by JoeFootball »

Welcome aboard! :) fyi, here's a collection of informative articles from the Easy Linux Tips Project which has helped me fine-tune my system numerous times.

Joe
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

BaltyRaven wrote:I've been a dedicated Windows fan for 15 years now (I've been using it since I was 3). However, I have used Linux Mint as an alternative for some of my computers. It works fine, especially since it's a free distribution that I could get from the official website. For instance, my ASUS K56CA notebook uses Linux Mint as its main operating system, compared to Windows 8 due to a faulty hard drive.
Welcome aboard, youngin! I say that because I have a pair of shoes older than you---for real!

But seriously, welcome.
BaltyRaven

Post by BaltyRaven »

JoeFootball wrote:Welcome aboard! :) fyi, here's a collection of informative articles from the Easy Linux Tips Project which has helped me fine-tune my system numerous times.

Joe
That seems informative for when my laptop seems to be doing something wrong with Linux. I already put it as one of my bookmarks on my Firefox.
austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "BaltyRaven",

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
BaltyRaven

Post by BaltyRaven »

phd21 wrote:Hi "BaltyRaven",

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Thanks. Linux Mint themselves advertised this forum when I went into Firefox on my ASUS laptop.
daveinuk
Level 7
Level 7

Post by daveinuk »

BaltyRaven wrote:I've been a dedicated Windows fan for 15 years now.....................................................................

Hey we've all been this unwell, glad you found the forums and you're feeling much better now ........................... :wink: :lol:
BaltyRaven

Post by BaltyRaven »

daveinuk wrote:
BaltyRaven wrote:I've been a dedicated Windows fan for 15 years now.....................................................................

Hey we've all been this unwell, glad you found the forums and you're feeling much better now ........................... :wink: :lol:
Actually, I still use Windows on my main desktop and gaming laptop. It's just my main operating system on my ASUS laptop, since it runs pretty crappy on any Windows system, especially Windows 8. I remember it crashing so many times on that thing, I gave up and one day the original hard drive never worked again.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

BaltyRaven wrote:Actually, I still use Windows on my main desktop and gaming laptop.
Hey, it's fine. Mint is an OS, it's not a religion. Welcome to the Forum and enjoy the Mint! :mrgreen:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello BaltyRaven Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
BaltyRaven

Post by BaltyRaven »

Moem wrote:
BaltyRaven wrote:Actually, I still use Windows on my main desktop and gaming laptop.
Hey, it's fine. Mint is an OS, it's not a religion. Welcome to the Forum and enjoy the Mint! :mrgreen:
:lol: I didn't really expect everyone to just go with Linux. It's nice that everyone here is nice and more open to alternative OSes like Linux Mint.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”