Help needed with Epson L220 printer

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ROBERT WANGA

Help needed with Epson L220 printer

Post by ROBERT WANGA »

yeah! Here I am, I have epson printer series L220 but i cannot installed it to the system windows linux. kindly assist if possible.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Help needed with Epson L220 printer

Post by JerryF »

Hi Robert,

Welcome!

Please post the results of this command from Terminal so that we can know something about your system:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
Copy and paste the result.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Epson L220 printer

Post by pdc_2 »

so Robert; welcome to the Mint forums; as Jerry has said; your system printout will be very helpful;

if I was looking for a driver for the L220, I would start here http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... ch/?OSC=LX at the linux portal for Epson; entering L220 takes me here, http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... c35faf7781 and if you have 64bit Mint, you would need epson-inkjet-printer-201401w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb and if you click to Download, you should get an option to SAVE or OPEN; ..... open will hopefully be set up to mean .... "OPEN WITH GDEBI INSTALLER .." so if you select that, Gdebi Installer will ..... install the debian package you selected;

to get a printer all set up one needs to 1) install the drivers and 2) register the printer with lpadmin .......... linux printer admin .......... so by using Gdebi Installer; and installing the driver; then Mint should recognise this and trigger a registration; ... but ...

(If you have any icons already in the PRINTERS folder for L220; best delete them before you do the above; .......... and leave the printer off till the driver is installed; then turn it on and Mint will hopefully find the epson-inkjet-printer-201401w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2 that you installed; and set things up for you;

Return to “Printers & Scanners”