Should not be left alone with shiny things!

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
3hre

Should not be left alone with shiny things!

Post by 3hre »

So pulseaudio was the big bad for my audio issues and I *finally* got that figured out. Thank you for all your help on that. I thought I got the Wine thing taken care of but alas no; there is still a Wine entry in my start up menu.

And somehow I created another issue previously not experienced before on Linux or Windows: I downloaded a
shinythings.png
distro ISO and extracted it to my desktop and now I have this (attached) and it is making me nuts (I hate clutter on my desktop) and I cannot remove it. It quite literally will not let me delete them off my desktop. How do I get rid of them?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
coffee412
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Should not be left alone with shiny things!

Post by coffee412 »

Open up a term window and cd to your desktop directory. Then as root privledges ( the sudo command) remove the folders and their content using:

sudo rm -fr <name of folder)

Just be careful to get the folder name right and not accidentally delete something else. You should be golden :)
Ryzen x1800 Asus Prime x370-Pro 32 gigs Ram RX480 graphics
Dell PE T610, Dell PE T710
- List your hardware Profile: inxi -Fxpmrz
MeshCentral * Virtualbox * Debian * InvoiceNinja * NextCloud * Linux since kernel 2.0.36

Return to “Beginner Questions”