html tags in posts [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scrognoid
Level 4
Level 4

html tags in posts [SOLVED]

Post by scrognoid »

Don't know where to post this question. Do you see the html tags in my post:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=263770&p=1430428#p1430428

I do. Tags came a saved draft, but earlier preview also was not working.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LM 21.3 Cinnamon; Dell XPS 13 (9343); Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz; 4 GB RAM
ralplpcr
Level 6
Level 6

Re: html tags in posts

Post by ralplpcr »

Yes - - by any chance were you doing a copy/paste from a browser preview?
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Yes, I see them. What is your question about them?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
scrognoid
Level 4
Level 4

Post by scrognoid »

Since I posted here I got scolded for putting HTML tags in my post. I didn't put them there. They were stuck in a saved draft. My question is why are HTML tags being stuck into my saved draft if this forum will not render them?
LM 21.3 Cinnamon; Dell XPS 13 (9343); Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz; 4 GB RAM
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Well, it may have to do with the application you used or the format you saved it in?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

scrognoid wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:04 pm Since I posted here I got scolded for putting HTML tags in my post. I didn't put them there. They were stuck in a saved draft. My question is why are HTML tags being stuck into my saved draft if this forum will not render them?
How'd you make a "saved draft"? I don't see it in the forum's menus/GUI.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
scrognoid
Level 4
Level 4

Post by scrognoid »

Below the window I am composing this reply in, next to Preview and Submit is a button that says Save draft
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

scrognoid wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:32 pm Below the window I am composing this reply in, next to Preview and Submit is a button that says Save draft
D'oh! I just saw it while inserting an image in another post.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

scrognoid wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:32 pm Below the window I am composing this reply in, next to Preview and Submit is a button that says Save draft
I used draft already a few times in the past and it gave no problem, especially no html tags. As it could have been possible, that with the last upgrade of the forum software there might got something broken I did just a minute ago another test: Saved something as draft, left the editor window, clicked again to reply, loaded the draft. Result: All perfect - as you can see with this post. So far the save draft feature works as expected and how it did in the past. There must be another reason for those tags on your side: The browser, a browser extension, ....
scrognoid
Level 4
Level 4

Post by scrognoid »

I found my draft through my Control Panel. It wasn't obvious how to link it back to a reply of the original article, so I copy/pasted what was there, which had HTML. Later I saw the Load Draft button.

What can one do from Manage Drafts in the Control Panel?
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

scrognoid wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:16 pm What can one do from Manage Drafts in the Control Panel?
Reopen or delete a draft.

I have to correct myself partially. Whenever I used the save as draft option I reopened it from the same thread; so did I yesterday and it worked without html tags included.
Actually I saved in this thread 2 drafts: The one that I published yesterday and another one (for testing, not published). If I open this second draft today from my profile (manage drafts) I actually get the html tags; so I come now to the conclusion, that it was not you, who did a mistake.

Interestingly there is another draft in my collection, nearly 3 years old. If I open this, it does not show the html tag problem. This leads me to the suspicion, that the forum upgrade gives the problem.

I have reported the issue in the respective thread. Wait, what xenopeek says about it.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

xenopeek has replied to my report and confirmed, that there is a known bug in the forum software. Solution: Load drafts only from the respective thread, not from the draft management.

Return to “Beginner Questions”